Sign in to follow this  
pompei

Shite Postcards

Dijon spanning four decades of chod, although in theory that 203 could still require an MoT.

big-64575147fe.jpg

Those are Saviem SC10s until FPB7 corrects me.

Of course such a convenient car park had to be converted into a useless empty concrete desert

so that some people refusing to grow up and buy a car can ride their childrens toys there:

palais-de-duc-ducal-palace-dijon-france.

Isabella saloons were fairly common back in the day (possibly a biased view caused by dad being in the RAF, thus exposing us kids to more foreign stuff, thanks to postings in Germany and advantageous purchasing schemes - hence our RHD Ford Taunus 17m!) but the coupe was rare indeed. 

Tenuously linked to Junkman's last offering, in that it was was sent to an address in Tenterden, here's Newbury in the 1960s:

7572848330_c55c72482d_c.jpg

The Broadway, Newbury postcard Mid-60s? by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Modern van drivers are denied the pleasure of driving around with the door open.

Thirsk in that Yorkshireshire.

Several Renaults in that Thirsk shot, otherwise all looks to be domestic stuff (with a lot of BLMC ADO16s). Neat matching pair of Mk1 Cortina estates, though I prefer the 2dr Mk3. I’m wondering about the conversation between the two chaps by the Marina, discussing levels of understeer perhaps? Looks like the road painters were struggling with their markings either side of the zebra crossing……

A later card I have:

4486271778_3ba0decbff_b.jpg

Old Postcard - Thirsk, Yorkshire by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

That was when I was for the first time in Beiruth. I was 7 or so.

My father opened a branch of his civil engineering office there, in partnership with a Lebanese architect

and my mom a branch of her fashion house, in partnership with his wife, a fashion designer.

A few years later their dreams got pulverised.

We did travel to Tehran quite a bit when I was a kid, my father and the Lebanese architect had several

building projects there.

Tehran and Beiruth were paradise in the early Seventies. A bit like Italy, but with proper food.