DACIA Denim spotted!!!!

6858335665_95725ed24b_z.jpg

Not taken by me Apparently its in South Downs.

The vehicle details for A968 TGK are:

Date of Liability 01 09 2007

Date of First Registration 21 10 1983

Year of Manufacture 1983

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1289cc

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker No

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour GREY

Im shocked as I thought they had all gone - can anyone confirm it? It was on the road untill 2007.

From http://www.flickr.com/photos/yugo_lada/

I can't believe it! A REAL, right hand drive Dacia! I too thought they'd all died a death many years ago! I'd sell my cat for one of these and if it does exist, I'm at the front of the queue. Ladas & Wartburgs are rare, and then there's Dacia rare....

Is it possible that it's still about?

Here's one I spotted about a year ago, in daily use, but a bit further away than Sussex. Steady now, "Dachia" - lovers :lol:

DACIArear.jpg

Look at those wheel trims! :D I want to go to there

Aha, you found a link to my site. I think I might have written than when pissed.

The Denem is indeed Mosky Mark's, sold on ebay in 2005 for about 70 quid and not seen since. I don't have many hopes of it being alive.

As hinted, there is at least one unused Denem (estate) sitting in a barn in SE England, which I'm going to try and track down at some stage. There's also been a Shifter and a Denem saloon, both terminal, pictured on this site.

The last Denem I saw in the flesh was back in 2003 in David Kelly's yard in North Wales; it was in a horrific state back then so will have dissolved by now, assuming the yard still exists.

Recently, a Dacia Sport was imported into the UK by Sam Glover, a Practical Classics writer who also has an original UK-market ARO 240. But the Sport's not a UK-spec one so it doesn't really count.

Incidentally one place where old Dacias are still thick on the ground is North Korea...

Thanks for the info Adrian.

Sam Glover has posted on here in the past.

I guess there would be a few old Dacias in North Korea, Ceaucescu got a lot of his ideas from Kim Il Sun and was quite chummy with him.

Nicked from North Korea - Dacia 1310

5609984414_0657a49bf0.jpg

Phwooorrr... a Dacia Denem is top of my dream car list. If anyone stumbles across any leads, please do let me know - [email protected]

I have a restorable Shifter in the Avtofilth Repository - a 'Special Edition', no less - and I'm hot on the heels of another. I've also just liberated a 1310 (standard Romanian issue - so nothing special). It was intended to be a parts car for the Sport, but it's far to good to cannibalise.

I feel the UK also needs an Oyak-Renault Toros.

I'm taking a luxury North Korean holiday in a few months... shall keep my eyes peeled for hard Stakhanovite car-thrashing action. After all, 'every resident of the DPRK owns a modern motor vehicle'.

Sam

dacia2.jpg

dacia1.jpg

dacia3.jpg

Didn't Dacia UK call the Shifter special edition the "Shifterossa" or something similar? :mrgreen:

Relevant to your Volvoish interests, there are a number of Volvo 144s in the DPRK, apparently as a result of the government taking a liking to them in the 1970s and ordering a thousand examples. To date, Volvo hasn't received payment for any of them:

3758405108_2c4f3460a7.jpg

I saw a navy blue one pottering around Pyongyang on a BBC news report a few years ago and wondered why it was there :)

Bloody hell! Not only a Shifter but a Shifterossa. I haven't seen one in either guise since about 1995! Hats off sir.

I wasn't imagining it being called that, then? :mrgreen:

I last saw one in 1999 at Risborough Barracks in Folkestone - an actual Shifterossa, no less. Most likely it was supplied by the town's Dacia dealer, which I think was the only Dacia dealer in east Kent.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure it would be possible to ressurect a uk Denem even a 'too far gone one' using a Romanian doner car but begs the question why not just keep the Romanian one :/ a la my Polonez saga. Although I'm stil keepin an eye out for an early uk sh*t heap of rust :) My mate had a Denem in 2001 in his scrapyard. That was the last and only one I saw in the flesh. Furthermore. I want a DUSTER!

Growing up with a mate with a scrapyard... it was good fun but i have this huge backlog of weird cars to try and own! There was a red soft top Duster for years sat to one side and my mate got a Duster van as a field car but it didn't last long

Way, way back in the mists of time, I remember going to the Essex County Show as a sprog, and seeing a Dacia promo stand with 3 or 4 Dusters of varying body-styles parked in front - I seem to recall a 2-door, 4-door, and a pick-up, plus possibly another weird derivation. Fatha_Duke feigned interest in them, as he did with everything, and we duly sat in one and were given a guided inspection of its many wonders. To my innocent eyes, they looked like the height of coolness (hmmm, deja vu?). I'm sure we came away with a stack of brochures and related tat; I very much fear that Mutha_Duke has now binned them :cry:

There was a Duster abandoned at the side of the road just round the corner from me a few years back! If only I'd had the forsight to grab it :(

Is it still there?

I very nearly bought this, had a trailor arranged but it was on south coast. Why i never bid i dont remember! 29vo22b.jpg

I don't suppose you know where it is now, do you???