Merc w202 C250TD estate sold

skattrd

If you need to check underneath and don't want to do it in a hotel car park, you can use my drive this weekend. I have tools, ramps and stuff too.

I'm about 25 minutes away in Kirriemur.

Many thanks for the offer drum, but I should be OK.

I'm currently in the Mercedes dealership in Dundee buying all their o rings. Unfortunately it's only 4, but it should be enough to stop the leak. Oh and £14 for 4 little bits of rubber, ouch.

Fuel leak fixed, it was easy to get at with the washer reservoir removed, so the inlet manifold didn't need to come off.

Today I replaced the tailgate struts and "fixed" the egr by putting a bolt in the vac line to it.

After doing the tailgate struts the boot lock appears to have fixed itself, which is nice.

I did look to replace the glow plug I was told was faulty, but the glow plug he said was in the glovebox was actually just an empty box. I'm quite glad I didn't remove stuff to get at it before discovering it wasn't there.

I tried to plug it in to the garage laptop to read any faults (glow plug and occasional ABS light) but the connector for the Mercedes ecu wasn't one I could use. I'll take it to a Merc indie to read the codes before buying any glow plugs.

Just picked up some filters from ecp, £13 for air, fuel & oil filters. Air filter changed in the car park, I'll do the others next weekend.

• 7 months later...

Ok, after doing 11k miles in this I feel like a change.

post-4715-0-69611800-1432717095_thumb.jpg

Brief rundown

New massive Bosch battery 2 weeks ago (£90)

MOT August 21st 2015

Oil/filter change 3 weeks ago

148k miles - not much for these engines.

2.5l 20v 5-pot OM605 ... capable of lots of power/smoke with fuelling/turbo.

Cloth interior, cruise control, single wiper, electric sunroof, other stuff.

Veg friendly engine - but other things to consider, saddle tanks & "o" rings.

Less good:

Air getting in to fuel line - infamous "O" rings. I've replaced some, but it's still getting in. The result is that sometimes the car is sluggish on hills or difficult to start, I have found that keeping the tank half full means it starts fine. Replacement "o" rings included in sale, a couple of hours messing about with it should see it fixed, but I've lost patience with it.

Drivers window mech borked - The window goes down and up, sort of. The motor appears to be fine, but it's difficult to go up, I think there's a plastic cog with teeth missing, I have not investigated this as it's only just happened.

Cosmetics - scratches/dents on most corners, rust on most wheel arches & it needs a good vulgalouring.

ABS light is intermittent, some days it's on, some days it's off.

Towbar with electrics - untested

Aircon not cold - may need regas, may need more work.

I use this for work and would trust it to take me anywhere.

Last week I covered 600 miles in it to Ireland and back and it worked flawlessly.

The car is in Lincolnshire, nearest train stations are Grantham/Newark/Lincoln. price as it is £500 .....

UPDATE: None of you wanted it so it went on ebay and sold for £720.