Jump to content

Ford Sierra 1.8


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm getting my sons Volvo ready for sale and I remembered my Ford Sierra 1.8 in 1991. I had owned it for two years, 90000 miles, full service history, new mot, all good tyres and overall in  very tidy condition.           A prospective buyer came to view it and it had just stopped raining and was getting dark, it looked mint. The buyer looked all over it, checked  the oil and coolant, looked underneath and checked the tyres. Can we go for a test ride says he, yes said me and off we went including a dual  carriageway. We returned to my house  he said thanks got out and into his  car and drove off.

20260710_223930.jpg

Posted

Triumph 1300 front wheel drive bought off a mate who also did a bit of buying and selling, long mot and tax Both front suspension to subframe tie brackets had cracked where they attached to the subframe. This had caused the front suspension to drop leaving the tyres rubbing on the wheel archs. Drove it slowly home and the next day jacked up welded the tie bracets which took about an hour. About a week later my mate contacts me and asked me if I had anything for sale or return for upto £250. I offered him the Triumph. That would be ideal she's recently sold one and really liked it. He turns up to collect it and its same car he he had bought off her.😃

20260710_235214.jpg

Posted

Morris Ital, it was seven years old and the front wings had rotted out where they atached to the front panel. I bought a couple of decent ones from a scrap yard and after removing the rotten wings and cuting out the rot from the front panel around the head light section I fabricated the required sections, tacked every thing into place and welded the wings on. The rest of the bodywork was good apart from the bootl lid bottom corners were rotten. I found a damaged but solid replement in a scrap yard for a rather pricey £15 . With the boot lid and front wings painted with rattle cans, I took it for mot which it passed. Over the next three years it was my sole transport taking me to work and on family holidays. With the birth of my third child it was not  big enouth to get his carrycot and my girls on the back seat. A mate had a mechanically good but tatty bodywork Marina Estate for sale for not a lot which I bought as its replacement. I advetised the Ital for '£300 and sold it to elderley bloke  zwho was returning to driving due his wife having mobility problems, she could walk from her front door to the road and it would save a lot of money in taxi fares. The next dsy the new owner phoned me and ascked  if I'd  buy it back because his insurers told him that being it was over two years since his insurance had expired he had lost his no claims bonus and would have pay the full amount which was too expensive. So Took pity on him his money back minus £30. I advertised it again with very little interest and eventually sold it to a bloke for £275. It lasted until the mot expired and I assume it was scrapped which was a pity as it was a  very good car.

20260710_235121.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...