Jump to content

Shakin' that RS


Recommended Posts

Posted

That's what the code reader reckons - front rhs o/c...again

Among other things...which appear to be leftovers from the airbag squib replacement 

IMG_20250808_200325.jpg.9d0d89eb76161cf842fb518a2733caf0.jpg

Couple of clear code and go for a drive cycles later... 

IMG_20250808_200459.jpg.6a7552775358a4876cc85ab9cb35bf3f.jpg

Fixed* them

Posted
On 14/06/2025 at 12:48, mintwth said:

Dropped the RS off in Littlehampton to get the airbag sorted or coded out for its mot. 

Thought I'd go have an explore of Littlehampton while I was here. Why not? 

Now I know 

Scene of the Inbetweeners field trip to “Swanage.”

Posted

Hmmm....ran the car though the hand car wash and the lights are back on. Might be time for a new sensor

  • 4 months later...
Posted

Scrubs up OK for a quick wash

IMG_20251227_144442.jpg.dc5f42c0c5f814cfc832ca3354fcf423.jpgIMG_20251227_144430.jpg.1ece829bc3186a92d0b4635e16344c92.jpgIMG_20251227_144405.jpg.a0c7f45b0146bbd8424b76f3290d85c1.jpg

Are odd wing mirrors as zany*as wearing odd socks? 

Posted
1 hour ago, mintwth said:

Scrubs up OK for a quick wash

IMG_20251227_144442.jpg.dc5f42c0c5f814cfc832ca3354fcf423.jpgIMG_20251227_144430.jpg.1ece829bc3186a92d0b4635e16344c92.jpgIMG_20251227_144405.jpg.a0c7f45b0146bbd8424b76f3290d85c1.jpg

Are odd wing mirrors as zany*as wearing odd socks? 

Nice to see it again!

  • 4 months later...
Posted

IMG_20260501_115215853_HDR2.jpg.da53cd417f88fd905e1b59295b1dc9c2.jpg

2 years later and I finally got round to getting these refurbished 

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted

This has been having a few starting problems. Either turning over but not starting or turning over for a lot longer than normal before starting. Once started it runs fine.

Having left it on the drive for a few weeks to think about what it had done. I finally got a chance to have a look at it today.

It's gone back to starting on the button and idling normally. The self fixing car!

 

Somehow I doubt it.

It's not stored any codes. I'm thinking it's worth a look at the coils and connections to the coils. Any other likely candidates?

  • Like 1
Posted

Fuel pump on it way/fuel pressure low i reckon, assuming no other engine issues. Doubt its the coils if running on 4 when fired up.

Posted

Other thing is maybe for the next few weeks prime the fuel pump 2 or 3 times before starting the car every single time and see if the issue goes away. If it does then see @Brigsy’s theory above. 

Posted

Need to force ign on with key in the slot to prime. Prob worth sticking a fuel pressure gauge on to check, fuel pump is a service item on these at 75k.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...