Grizzโ€™s OCD Awesome ASTRO Van ๐Ÿš™ Megane SCENIC 1.5dci ๐Ÿš™. Peugeot 206 CC FOR SALE ๐Ÿธ Jeep up for grabs too.๐Ÿšจ

grizz

Because my wifi is so spectacularly rubbish I need to sometimes write a post in notes before copying it to post to various other websites.ย 
ย 

This is the only one that actually posts like that @Westbay

ย 

The joys of having to use what you have. ย 
ย 

Just cancelled my Sky TV subscription an hour ago. That was an extended waste of money.ย 
ย 

If I can find a better, cheaper internet and phone provider that will be the next cancellation.ย 

• Like 2

We gave up on sky 3 or 4 years ago, just use freeview and youtube now, not missed sky.

We have BT internet which generaly works OK but is getting expensive, also need to have a look around to see what is available.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kevins said:

We gave up on sky 3 or 4 years ago, just use freeview and youtube now, not missed sky.

We have BT internet which generaly works OK but is getting expensive, also need to have a look around to see what is available.

I suspect that Sky will not be missed here.ย 
ย 

And living 4km from an exchange with copper wire means that whoever supplies my internet is restricted by that.ย 
ย 

So price will be the decider.ย 

16 hours ago, Joey spud said:

Yeah we recently binned off Sky and Sky broadband too as it had climbed to over ยฃ110 a month.

I think we are often screwed by service providers if we donโ€™t challenge them.ย 

16 years ago today I had my 1963 Ford Taunus Transit van delivered from Germany.ย 

IMG_0843.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

I added wheels, attended meetings and really enjoyed it for quite a few years.ย 

There were some really nice ones from Germany as well. ย 

P1050035.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
P1050038.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
P1050041.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
P1050042.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
P1050044.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
P1050045.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
P1050050.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
P1050053.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=
P1050055.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

I sold it at one point because I had stopped using it and fell out of love with it after having a fuel injected Ford Zetec engine fitted by very good friend Edd.ย 

Would I have it again?ย 

I think so.ย 

Not sure.ย 

It was great having it when I did.ย 
ย 

On 07/01/2024 at 11:49, grizz said:

I suspect that Sky will not be missed here.ย 
ย 

And living 4km from an exchange with copper wire means that whoever supplies my internet is restricted by that.ย 
ย 

So price will be the decider.ย 

@grizz if you have BT then youโ€™ll be surprised at the number of companies that will offer a service over their fibre/copper lineย 

bang your post code into thisย https://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/broadband/best-broadband-provider?pdg=kwd-1598903308:cmp-425644687:adg-27154917607:crv-382222820159:pos-&saf_src=google_g&saf_pt=&saf_kw=what is the best broadband provider&saf_dv=&saf_cam=425644687&saf_grp=27154917607&saf_ad=382222820159&saf_acc=6293427118&gbraid=0AAAAAD_JVEvS4Y2Xmp4xQ8BRa0qKL5UY4&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw4_jgd3OgwMVaZ-DBx2PqgogEAAYAyAAEgLOY_D_BwE

ย 

having worked for bt for 33 years i always had their broadband but since leaving and losing the discount they seem very expensive iโ€™ll be jumping ship as soon as i am out of contract next year

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

16 hours ago, redratbike said:

@grizz if you have BT then youโ€™ll be surprised at the number of companies that will offer a service over their fibre/copper lineย 

bang your post code into thisย https://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/broadband/best-broadband-provider?pdg=kwd-1598903308:cmp-425644687:adg-27154917607:crv-382222820159:pos-&saf_src=google_g&saf_pt=&saf_kw=what is the best broadband provider&saf_dv=&saf_cam=425644687&saf_grp=27154917607&saf_ad=382222820159&saf_acc=6293427118&gbraid=0AAAAAD_JVEvS4Y2Xmp4xQ8BRa0qKL5UY4&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw4_jgd3OgwMVaZ-DBx2PqgogEAAYAyAAEgLOY_D_BwE

ย 

having worked for bt for 33 years i always had their broadband but since leaving and losing the discount they seem very expensive iโ€™ll be jumping ship as soon as i am out of contract next year

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Looks like some alternatives out there.ย 
ย 

I doubt they will have an improved service but cost vs Sky looks better.ย 
ย 

ย 

IMG_4414.png

34 minutes ago, grizz said:

Looks like some alternatives out there.ย 
ย 

I doubt they will have an improved service but cost vs Sky looks better.ย 
ย 

ย 

IMG_4414.png

you need to weigh up the speed vs cost especially with your video uploadsย 

17 hours ago, redratbike said:

you need to weigh up the speed vs cost especially with your video uploadsย 

I doubt that I will get video uploadable speeds here.ย 
ย 

We are on copper wire, 4km from exchange and in 13 years, Openreach or is that Not-able-to-reach??ย ย have never been able to give me anything resembling a decent service.ย 
ย 

I doubt we will see fiber for the next 5 years either despite being told 2 years max.ย 
ย 

So the last 35 second video I tried to upload took more than 4 hours to upload.ย 
ย 

Crazy.ย 

15 hours ago, Saabnut said:

Amusingly, that comparison site comes up with no options at all for my place! :-)ย 

Super frustrating that.ย 

12 hours ago, rattlecan said:

Hi Grizz,ย 

I joined yesterday as I mentioned on the phoneย 

๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Welcome ย @rattlecan

ย 

And just so you know, to go onto the rest of the forum, For Sale etc, you need 10 or 20 random posts.ย 
Yup, no idea why that rule, but you know, then rules is them rules.ย 
ย 

You will find a different vibe here.ย 
ย 

Long may it continue.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grizz said:

Welcome ย @rattlecan

ย 

And just so you know, to go onto the rest of the forum, For Sale etc, you need 10 or 20 random posts.ย 
Yup, no idea why that rule, but you know, then rules is them rules.ย 
ย 

You will find a different vibe here.ย 
ย 

Long may it continue.ย 

Very true. I'm still finding it odd to read actual swearwords in postsย ๐Ÿ˜

• Haha 3

Just now, MrBig said:

Very true. I'm still finding it odd to read actual swearwords in postsย ๐Ÿ˜

The thing isโ€ฆโ€ฆ

We are all human.ย 
ย 

If you do not like a thread, just avoid.ย 
ย 

But of course some people just donโ€™t get it.ย 
ย 

Good to see you here of course.ย 

Apparently your thread on RR has the most complaints and reports of any on there.

Really I think some people need to grow a thicker skin or simply not read something if they are going to get offended by it.

ย 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, DodgeRover said:

Apparently your thread on RR has the most complaints and reports of any on there.

Really I think some people need to grow a thicker skin or simply not read something if they are going to get offended by it.

ย 

Surely there's an annual award for that?ย 
Should be.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Surely there's an annual award for that?ย 
Should be.

I was thinking it was a bit of a badge of honour really...

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, DodgeRover said:

ย 

What are the "complaints" about? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ

1 hour ago, jim89 said:

What are the "complaints" about? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Somebody got their knickers in a twist about people choosing not to buy Bud light... God only knows why you would buy the stuff anyway even before their campaign associating it with a very vocal minority when we can get Budvar here.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DodgeRover said:

Somebody got their knickers in a twist about people choosing not to buy Bud light... God only knows why you would buy the stuff anyway even before their campaign associating it with a very vocal minority when we can get Budvar here.

Unbelievable ๐Ÿ˜

14 hours ago, DodgeRover said:

ย 

what hasn't been made clear is whether the 'complaints' are from the wider RR 'membership' or a very small tight knit group ...

I canโ€™t think of anything posted by Grizz even remotely worth getting upset over. There are truly some snowflakes around. If they donโ€™t like content by a particular poster, then donโ€™t read it. Easy.

24 minutes ago, Westbay said:

what hasn't been made clear is whether the 'complaints' are from the wider RR 'membership' or a very small tight knit group ...

I had to go digging around RR as all the above piqued my interest.ย 
The actual thread that seems to have pissed off the mods (Caddy one) has nothing in there that I would object to.
I'm wondering if they mods are, in some way, related to the ones that run a certain Morris Minor forum - any divergence from the Party Line gets you demerit. (e.g. "Can I fit a 1275 engine in my moggy" - two strikes there, one for suggesting that 1275cc engines even exist and one for typing moggy.
ย 

18 hours ago, DodgeRover said:

ย 

It was total nonsense, in my opinion. To alienate someone who was such a prolific poster (over 28โ€™000 posts) youโ€™ll notice I started a thread asking if he was ok, because I noticed heโ€™d not been on for over a month. That thread then got locked by a mod, because heaven forbid anyone has an opinion on there they donโ€™t agree with. But then after being locked two more mods posted on it, which is a bit of a piss take, because you then have no voice.

Ultimately thatโ€™s what bought me here, as I found out Grizz had popped over here. Happy days

3 hours ago, rattlecan said:

It was total nonsense, in my opinion. To alienate someone who was such a prolific poster (over 28โ€™000 posts) youโ€™ll notice I started a thread asking if he was ok, because I noticed heโ€™d not been on for over a month. That thread then got locked by a mod, because heaven forbid anyone has an opinion on there they donโ€™t agree with. But then after being locked two more mods posted on it, which is a bit of a piss take, because you then have no voice.

Ultimately thatโ€™s what bought me here, as I found out Grizz had popped over here. Happy days

tbh your thread is where I found the reference to the faux pas that Grizz was meant to have done. I'd already skimmed the offending one and went back to re-read it and I am still a bit bemused.
Water under the bridge I think - 'just say fuckit and drive on'

p.s. I mean - a Berlingo called Prozac - that's where I first fell across Grizz. Obviously a dodgy geezer :-)