80's/90's Nissan Appreciation Thread (Micra, Sunny, Primera etc)

DavidB

On 12/27/2021 at 12:43 AM, Spiny Norman said:

I love K11 Micras, I've had three and wouldn't rule out another.

My old auntie bought the first K10 automatic registered to a private buyer in Scotland, badged as a Datsun rather than a Nissan, it was a Y reg (PGA 50Y from memory) and it was still going strong after 13 years when she finally admitted defeat and gave up her licence due to failing eyesight.
It had 15,000 miles on it.

Do you know if that was supplied by Weir the Datsun People in Bishopbriggs? My dad had PGA 655Y on a 910 Bluebird 1.8GL saloon (bought in the July - the new A prefixes were due out but days later...........)

Probably my favourite of all the cars I have owned was an N15 Almera. It was a gx model, with a 1.4 litre engine and electric front windows.

I bought it for £400 and stuck 80,000 miles on in 5 years. It needed a bit of welding, a clutch and a starter motor from memory. Working on it was a joy, with superb access to everything. It delivered 45mpg average over that time and parts cost buttons.

I do miss it, but it needed a lot of work all at once and got scrapped. I really liked it, everything was just right with it, it had everything I needed and nothing superfluous to go wrong.