Cheap tyres you were impressed with?

Bren

2 hours ago, Missy Charm said:

The garage I use does a good deal on Falken tyres, so they are presently what is on my car.  The Falkens have been pretty good; they aren't expensive and don't tend to wear that quickly.  They seem to stick to the road well enough too, other than the fronts being prone to spinning in the wet.  

Falkens are decent tyres a long way from cheap chinese rubbish. Well regarded by Subaru forums.

5 hours ago, sierraman said:

It’s quite easy to be prescriptive with tyres and say don’t buy budgets and get the big brand jobs but in the real world on planet earth it could be a couple of hundred quid extra for the Goodyear’s/Michelin’s etc, money that quite frankly many people don’t have to throw about. 

As long as I ain't going through hedges backwards they're good tyres.

Both my golf daily and my other halfs pug 308 are rolling on a set of General ultimax. Which I'm really impressed with for the price.

My local mot/tyre place have started dealing in General Tires (not tyres!) After dropping the kuhmo tyre franchise.  I'm in the trade so they did them at trade price £36 each fitted for 195 65 15. Dunno what they are retail. But for that price they are grippy in the wet and after 8000miles on the golf are wearing well.

the generals also have an excellent warranty on them which they seem to honour readily.

https://www.generaltire.co.uk/car/service/accidental-warranty

I have also found kumhos to be good tyres although rather fast wearing but good in the wet. Same goes for nankangs! 

Down right terrible cheap tyres, green max, triangles and events!