Wibble’s Wittering - Cortina, Senator & occasional Skoda & family ramblings, soz!

Wibble

1 hour ago, adw1977 said:

That Tandy video game machine is quite something!

I know, it’s up for grabs if anyone wants it!

Hard work today, many tip runs and carpet cleaning. Going through old photos now, which is nice. Against my better judgment, here is Mrs W and me, 30 years ago:IMG_4642.jpeg.5aa2b19b7644a42bc28aaf1c33ce02cc.jpeg

Bollocks, sorry for rotation. Anyway, there’s a glimpse of Dad’s FD Victor in this one:

IMG_4644.jpeg.f5d6dda938b2d267207fca5a92994fb4.jpeg

And my aunt’s Mazda in this, can’t seem to rotate any of them:

IMG_4645.jpeg.79a5e113369ae25604ddd365e04da18b.jpeg

Crikey, this carpet clean was hard. I’d done the lounge and hallway after Dad died but was asked to do the dining room this time. Had to do the hallway again too, and part of the lounge, but the dining room was a nightmare, as it hadn’t been done in years. It doesn’t look bad until you start and see the difference. Half way through:

IMG_4640.jpeg.acb0a2f2830631ad4075538755c7ada9.jpeg

I didn’t want to do it because of my arms but had to, as sisters tried and couldn’t get the hang of it. Anyway, arms are fucked again but I called it a day at this:

IMG_4646.jpeg.e8553f93e584dd0104e56ca3f6da71b7.jpeg

Good enough I reckon. I’ve painted, weeded  and cleaned and hope it sells quickly. Still more bits I want to do, so probably won’t be on the market until August.

2 hours ago, Wibble said:

Hard work today, many tip runs and carpet cleaning. Going through old photos now, which is nice. Against my better judgment, here is Mrs W and me, 30 years ago:IMG_4642.jpeg.5aa2b19b7644a42bc28aaf1c33ce02cc.jpeg

Bollocks, sorry for rotation.

Those teeth look fierce! If you can't get that carpet cleaner then no-one can.

22 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Those teeth look fierce! If you can't get that carpet cleaner then no-one can.

Fuck me, have you no filter?! There’s nothing wrong with her teeth. No overbite, nothing. It’s a nervous smile because she hadn’t met most of my family until that event.

I’ll admit I’m tired after 424 miles in one go but post a picture of your wife and let’s comment on that.

7 hours ago, Wibble said:

Fuck me, have you no filter?! There’s nothing wrong with her teeth. No overbite, nothing. It’s a nervous smile because she hadn’t met most of my family until that event.

I’ll admit I’m tired after 424 miles in one go but post a picture of your wife and let’s comment on that.

No harm meant, my apologies.

The 900 saloon was the first thing to catch my attention in that photo, but I did also say to myself “what a fine looking couple” !

The Co. Tyrone reg Mazda is wonderful. I’m guessing it was fairly new in the pic by how shiny and rust-free it looks!

On 27/05/2024 at 00:19, Wibble said:

Crikey, this carpet clean was hard. I’d done the lounge and hallway after Dad died but was asked to do the dining room this time. Had to do the hallway again too, and part of the lounge, but the dining room was a nightmare, as it hadn’t been done in years. It doesn’t look bad until you start and see the difference. Half way through:

IMG_4640.jpeg.acb0a2f2830631ad4075538755c7ada9.jpeg

I didn’t want to do it because of my arms but had to, as sisters tried and couldn’t get the hang of it. Anyway, arms are fucked again but I called it a day at this:

IMG_4646.jpeg.e8553f93e584dd0104e56ca3f6da71b7.jpeg

Good enough I reckon. I’ve painted, weeded  and cleaned and hope it sells quickly. Still more bits I want to do, so probably won’t be on the market until August.

Looks like new after that clean!

Fingers crossed for the sale🤞 hopefully it’ll go quick and easy - unlike ours!

9 hours ago, The Vicar said:

The 900 saloon was the first thing to catch my attention in that photo, but I did also say to myself “what a fine looking couple” !

The Co. Tyrone reg Mazda is wonderful. I’m guessing it was fairly new in the pic by how shiny and rust-free it looks!

Thanks, it’s a 900 convertible. It was my sister’s wedding and that was her husband’s car. He is no longer her husband me it was pretty new at the time.

Yes the Mazda was pretty new at the time. That’s my grandmother standing proudly next to her daughter’s new car. I remember it well but corrosion killed it off pretty quickly. She had an HB Viva before it that; you could see the ground through the floor. No MOT equivalent there back then I seem to remember.

• Like 1

I took this photo for my colleague who sold his Octavia to my sister. She still absolutely loves it and he likes to see it being used. It’s a rare occurrence for it to be with my Superb and, when the house is sold, this won’t happen again:

IMG_4641.jpeg.59184879c9193444ab51af17b08a9002.jpeg

• Like 1

My boss and I visited the house on Monday evening before heading to Perth. I wanted an independent view and first impressions, because I don’t want us spending money unnecessarily before sale. 

We know it needs work but his first impressions were that it looked like a nice house, well maintained, inside and out. We know any buyer will do their own thing, so we won’t do anymore to it. If driving up the drive gives a good enough impression, we’ll leave it at that I think.

Years ago Dad said he wanted to record his life story and I got home a tape recorder and microphone but couldn’t find anything when he’d gone. My sister has just messaged me to say she’s found a 45 minute tape of him telling his story, in strong voice before he was too ill dated around 2005. I can’t explain how desperate I am to hear this. I have a voice recording of him and my mum and sisters discussing the scandal of their engagement but this sounds like it could be far more exiting!

• Like 6

My sister recorded this tape on her phone and WhatsApp it to me. Absolutely brilliant! He tells us why he ran away from home, the jobs he did and how he ended up joining the US Airforce.

Mrs W got too upset hearing his voice, so hasn’t heard his story. Sad but also pleased she loved my parents so much.

• Like 6

There’s nothing in his story I wouldn’t be happy to share, so if anyone is interested, tell me how to post the WhatsApp link.

39 minutes ago, Wibble said:

There’s nothing in his story I wouldn’t be happy to share, so if anyone is interested, tell me how to post the WhatsApp link.

Don’t worry, this won’t work. If you really want to know, what’s app me and I’ll try and send the audio