Supernaut's Cars - 323i / Megane / ShiteLK

Supernaut

I’d get a Y-piece at the end to make it look better. 320 and 323 had single exhaust tips. 325 and 328 had two. Early 320 and 325 models have little silencing compared to later ones and sound quite fruity in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, JakeT said:

I’d get a Y-piece at the end to make it look better. 320 and 323 had single exhaust tips. 325 and 328 had two. Early 320 and 325 models have little silencing compared to later ones and sound quite fruity in comparison.

Aye, I can get a twin pipe trim thing for about £15 off ebay.

I took it for a drive and it's great. Slightly throaty under load but silent otherwise, with a nice crackle from the intake (because I unclipped the resonator inside the air box a while ago).

• Like 3

I measured the gap in the bumper at just under 180mm. The exhaust tip is 55mm!

I decided to be different and have ordered a roughly 120mm wide oval tip. Yes it'll still have a gap either side but nowhere near as huge!

I took it out for a drive just before lunch, and nipped into the local shop. On the way out, the old boy in front of me was having a good look at it, then when I quietly unlocked it he had a good natter about it for a few minutes and was very complimentary about it.

It's a nice old bus, really.

Today I repainted the wheels on the Megane, but I used some rust converter this time round. I didn't do that back in April, with predictable results.

Ta-da!

IMG_20240914_121355.jpg.f54f2a159f9d7f28e2697609b3314b6f.jpg

Then, this afternoon, in an experience reminiscent of online dating... The supposedly 86mm tall - and somewhat wider because oval - tailpipe trim arrived for the BMW.

It's actually only 86mm wide and somewhat less tall.

IMG_20240914_163747.jpg.1a63ee87ad15cffcbd3eeebb1bb17400.jpg

Still better than the peashooter but mildly disappointing.

• Like 3