Cars of Crackers (contains a modern. Sorry.)

Crackers

I have to say a facelift with the 3-litre diesel would be my ideal XF.  Sadly insurance says no so if I have another it'll probably be a 2.2 (which, having driven AnthonyG's example, is more than up to the job).

• 4 weeks later...

Basically, not much to report right now. 

Jag took me to Germany and back this weekend. 828 miles for 43.6mpg - not bad considering a fair bit of GLF in France and Germany. 

20241011_091128.jpg.0137833a4009a7dd1b826d03c020b30d.jpg

Minor brake judder has become significantly more pronounced though, so that needs attention soon. There's also a click/creak from brakes when applying more pedal pressure at low speed, not something I've come across before so investigation required. 

Otherwise, only other issue is rattly speaker grilles in the front doors, so I'll whip the door cards off on a dry day to pack them out a bit and hopefully silence the buzz. 

Good car is good. Provides absolutely effort GLF ability - 100mph is around 2000rpm, it flies along without really breaking a sweat. Deserves a wash now. 

20241013_1721202.jpg.ce8c38bae6e26ca28bc8f5bf5b4b712f.jpg

• Crackers changed the title to Cars of Crackers (contains a modern. Sorry.)
3 hours ago, Crackers said:

828 miles for 43.6mpg

Lying swine. 

39.31 by my calculations. Never trust the readout 🤓

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Crackers said:

Lying swine. 

39.31 by my calculations. Never trust the readout 🤓

Jaguar trip computers are notoriously optimistic when it comes to fuel consumption.  43.6mpg would have been better than the Rover managed on my recent Eurotrip, which would have annoyed me...