1975 Wolseley 18-22 "Wedge"

Alex 'Wedge'

Looks like you have to be a member to see the pictures which is a shame.Remember the 'Special 6' as saw one new at a car show. IIrc they were black with silver coach lines?

That does look rather splendid! I was never a big fan of the Princess when it was 'out'...thinking it a rather ungainly looking car. But it's amazing how the passage of time can mellow one's opinion and if I saw that at a show now, I'd spend ages looking at it.Well done for keeping a rare old girl in such lovely nick!!

No one but BL would have even attempted to fit a trad-shape Wolseley grill onto the front of a wedge like that; no matter how long I look at it for, my eyes just won't process it properly. Just that one detail alone serves to illustrate the whole cantankerous mindset behind the operation. I absolutely adore it :D:D

No one but BL would have even attempted to fit a trad-shape Wolseley grill onto the front of a wedge like that; no matter how long I look at it for, my eyes just won't process it properly. Just that one detail alone serves to illustrate the whole cantankerous mindset behind the operation. I absolutely adore it :D:D

Yeah. I always thought the same about the VP Allegro. Radical 70s styling with a chrome grille and walnut picnic tables. Crazy - still looks great though!

• 5 months later...
I know where there is an utterly shagged wolseley wedge lying in a yard near me.. think i posted pics of it on my shiteseeing thread a while back

Not the one talked about here is it? :-

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/a ... 26660.html

BTW: search still not working for older threads, but Google with "site:www.autoshite.com" after the search works. ;)

I know where there is an utterly shagged wolseley wedge lying in a yard near me.. think i posted pics of it on my shiteseeing thread a while back

Not the one talked about here is it? :-

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/a ... 26660.html

BTW: search still not working for older threads, but Google with "site:www.autoshite.com" after the search works. ;)

That one seems more like a wind up Keef, 1978 Wolseley? And IIRC don't these run on 14's, not 13's?

That one seems more like a wind up Keef, 1978 Wolseley? And IIRC don't these run on 14's, not 13's?

You could be right, but doesn't do any harm to enquire. ;)

Later cars did run on 14" wheels, but folk do tend to mess around with wheels a lot.