Classic Kit Cars - The Filby Files. Now with Stevens cars on P4

garethj

Great spot, but these look awful IMO.

I reckon most owners must be kicking themselves for not saving the OMGFORDTAX Capri underneath, which would undoubtedly be worth more.

I've seen pictures of those but didn't know their name. One of the worst 'replicas', second only to the TR40 that made a poor innocent TR7 look really not much like a Ferrari F40.

Yes.... They did a Vantage copy. I looked at them when given a rotten Capri. 

Ended up with a rear engined Lotus 7 style using a Ford fiesta Supersport setup - had it years and eventually sold it with an MR2 turbo in it, by which point it was quite lethal 😁

I fell in love with kit cars when our home ec teacher squeezed herself out of a Nova Kit while wearing a mini skirt and a thong...... Best car ever. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, timolloyd said:

Great spot, but these look awful IMO.

I reckon most owners must be kicking themselves for not saving the OMGFORDTAX Capri underneath, which would undoubtedly be worth more.

Oh I don’t know, in the dark, on a trailer, looked much better to me than most things I see these days. I do agree about ford tax but knowing how little of a capri was actually used it could be a worthwhile use of a bulkhead from an extinct car