Datsuncog's Heaps: Sept 2023 - Another Year's T-Met Exemption Certificate...

Datsuncog

***SOLD!!!*** Johnny Lightning Chevrolet van - from the James Bond film 'The Living Daylights'

post-17915-0-49520200-1527841114_thumb.jpg

Because obviously this is the first vehicle you think of when you think of Timothy Dalton's first Bond escapade.

All the Johnny Lightning 007 cars are really quite odd... you'd almost think they just slapped the branding on any old castings they had lying around that matched, but I'm sure that ain't the case at all...

£5 posted! Discounts for mutiples, blah blah blah...

***SOLD!!!*** Johnny Lightning AMC Hornet - 'The Man With The Golden Gun'

post-17915-0-95333600-1527841491_thumb.jpg

Oh hey, one I actually recognise!

Nice model, bit better than Corgi's stab at the same car - even if most AMCs were slightly peculiar in their proportions.

Strap on the wings from a styrene Spitfire (available at any newsagents, even now) and have yourself hours of amusement for a mere £5, posted to your address of choice.

***SOLD!!!*** Johnny Lightning Ford Station Wagon - 'From Russia With Love'

post-17915-0-29512100-1527841740_thumb.jpg

Five pounds sterling, posted.

Just to reiterate - these are £5 posted, based on the concept that they'll cost me at least £2.95 to wrap and post each model out singly, based on current Royal Mail size limitations.

Last year I sold off a load of audio cassettes at temptingly cheap prices, in the hope of securing bulk orders. Some folks did buy a lot and got mucho discount accordingly; but others didn't and I ended up running a loss, since it cost me more to post the buggers and on PayPal fees than I was charging my customers. I ARE SMART BIJINESSMAN.

So I can't really make that mistake again, aside from all the extra shoe leather it cost me running up and down to the post office with a 49p Roxette tape.

So take it as read that if you're buying models in bulk, I'll be subtracting postage costs from each and then adding on the actual postage cost at the end, based on size and weight (and insurance, if it's a lot). This should make these all quite competitive!

***SOLD!!!*** Johnny Lightning Ford Torino & Lincoln Continental - Starsky & Hutch

post-17915-0-35658300-1527841794_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-65845600-1527841834_thumb.jpg

I note that this is actually the even rarer 'Starsky and Hutch and Jeff Banks' set, presumably depicting everyone's favourite smug Debenhams designer getting a pat-down for those terrible TV ads he used to do for some washing powder or other.

I won't charge you extra for that.

£Twelve Pound Note, posted.

Could I also take the green 190SL and red Ford F1 from page 36 pls? Anyone else interested in the 1/80 trucks before I snaffle the lot?

You absolutely definitely certainly can - all now reserved in your name.

I was going to send you a message at the end of the day advising that the trucks were yours for the taking, since (apart from the breakdown flatbed) no-one else has so much as farted in their general direction - so that's all sorted.

Will make up a bit of a spreadsheet tonight and see what's what - and will PM it to you just to make sure I haven't missed something you really want, or have lumped in some random old toss you never wished for at all.

Thanks again!

Is the Solido XJ12 still foe sale? If so can I have that and the two EFE lorries? Can PayPal money of course.

You most certainly can!

At the minute I'm allocating the models out to boxes for each buyer; once everything's been posted up and everyone's happy with what they've chosen, I'll get each bundle weighed and calculate a final price (discounts will apply from the individual price quoted for bulk buys like yours) - then write out asking nicely for monies.

Of course, if you're in a hurry then that process can be sped up as needed - just ask!

Thanking you for your custom, dude.

In other news...

now THAT is more like it.

post-17915-0-15442200-1527870107_thumb.jpg

Goodbye, baggy-saggy-draggy arse.

Now looking fit to be graced with one of WorldofCeri's rather smashing stickers.

(Yeah, I'm attempting to disguise the damaged paint from where some chump levered the '2.0 XT' badges off after a dreadfully messy tailgate repaint)

post-17915-0-07947100-1527870122_thumb.jpg

Although, knowing my luck, I'll be accosted by an angry busload of American Samoans on the way home, hotly accusing me of cultural misappropriation.

Or something.

Next stop: Dublin. First big outing. I haz TEH FEAR, like always.

Actually no, I didn't ever have the fear until that bloody Alfa started doing silly shit like blowing out all its coolant and spontaneously severing its brake pipes every time I took it on a longish run.

May its accursed ashes forever rot in the bowels of an enormous sea-slug off the coast of Shangdong.