Outwitted by Shite

Zantimisfit

A large number of years ago the recently married Mrs M and myself were planning a driving holiday round France. A kindly work colleague suggested we swap cars so I could take her nice new 1.4 Cavalier, a far more suitable vehicle for touring Europe than my 1.1 Fiesta Pop. She would endure the Fiesta for two weeks until my return.

When I got back she was less than fullsome in her praise for Fords finest. It wouldn't start and would kangaroo down the road until it warmed up. It was crap! I knew this to be the case however I didn't think it was that bad. "You know it has a manual choke dont you?" I asked. "Oh.........no I didn't realise"

Problem solved.

No, only reverse (manual) or park (auto) to remove the key. At least on my 9-5 anyway. The last 9-3 got rid of this feature. There were a few court cases in America where people left keys in the ignition with kids in the car, to be run over by their car when the kids play with the key.

We have the Americans to thank for the excessive interlocks in auto cars - due to the Audi 5000, a car that was sold all over the world, but remarkably, despite identical mechanics, was only "faulty" in the USA -

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1037212_runaway-cars-the-notorious-audi-5000

New 320 BMW at work - bonnet release in the footwell pops the bonnet up as per usual, but I can't find the latch at the front of the bonnet to open it. Had to get the owners manual out to find it. You need to pull the internal release a second time to get it to pop the latch. Just odd.

Hire car VW polo has this stall if you pull away without enough revs thing Ihave stalled more in 2 days than in my whole life....So yesterday half way across a busy roundabout driving seat the wrong side gearstick the wrong side full panic mode engaged Mrsd screaming . Key out and back in again really.... Wtaf ..... fucking great idea

In a real car it would be clutch in clutch out bump and off you go... How is this progress