Edd's Talbot Samba Thread

SambaS

Edd, it would make for easier reading if you put all the pictures and your captions / questions in one post mate!

Worn or not, stick a new one on...

WHS^ Why wouldn't you?

Keep up the good work anyway. Sambas are ace, I've often thought I'd like to 'have' one sometime.

Just out of interest, other than the 'suitcase' engine, would any other lump bolt in there fairly easily? (Eg something from a 205?)

I know the rally lot use 205 hubs and stuff to upgrade the Samba, I'm sure it would be a relatively straightforward swap.. It's a pain doing this on my phone. If I put it all in one post the text and pictures wont format right.

I've welded up the hole in the bulkhead and I'm just waiting for the first layer of paint to dry.. A bracket in the pedal box came loose behind the clutch pedal, and over time has been pushed through the bulkhead :/

Good to see some more progress on the Cabriolet SambaS and well pleased to see you got yourself a Samba Style too! Reminds me of my old one does it have a grey or red interior?

And any more pictures of the badboy? :) An found last night while searching through a box of ramdom car parts a plastic tray that fit's to the battary tray and 3 steel wheel nuts an i think a rear number plate lamp lens not 100% on that i had from when i owend my Samba Style . If you want them you can have them for the cost of postage or pick them up etc. No it not much but thought it worth a mention.

To add to my (unhelpful?) post the other day... Blimey! :)

And with the late dashboard as well; I never saw one of those in real life (and it seems strange they redesigned after a few years and when the end of production was imminent).

Keep up the work on the Red one as well! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just won these:

202266_10151005503417992_174657099_o.jpg

That's the twin Solex carbs and inlet manifold removed from a Talbot Samba S and the steering wheel for the same car. Bit by bit I'll get one :mrgreen:

A resounding no on that front unfortunately, things keep getting in the way. The Style nearly went in for test this week. But then I've to go to Manchester to buy these bits!

I think it was worth the delay on the progress front for those bits. :) Im looking forward to seeing more on the Style, hope it sails through the mot when you do take it.

There been a couple of Styles on ebay in the last 12 mths or so but always when Im skint!

Have been trying to get the Style going for a couple of weeks but untill the other night didn't give it my full attention. In any case I had to take the petrol pipe off and suck petrol through then refit. I find the pumps dont have the ability when they get old to start a car that's been sat. Anyway once I did that petrol was pissing allover the place/plugs you name it. So swapped the pump with Cabriolet one and she lives. Going to need a good run out, the clutch and gearbox are way too stiff. And the brakes are rough as hell. But she's alive

Shock horror! I've just bought a clutch kit for the Cabriolet. That's all the parts I need to put it back on the road. Once I've stopped having a miserable cold I should be able to persuade the guys I work with to help me put it back together. We've an engine crane too. yay =)

It's all go: the TAX disc arrived in the post today for the XR3, along with a letter from my landlord telling me to remove all unTAXed vehicles from their property; Samba Style and XR3. So. The Style's booked in for test tomorrow!