Peugeot RD (Rear-wheel Drive 405 by Iran-Khodro)

PaykanHunter

I need to point something out here: there are a lot more safety features that needs to be baked into a modern car these days, including Pedestrian Protection criteria, which as of 2013 will become even more stringent.

So in many cases, if a manufacturer uses an older platform, then they have to design around those hard structures! It is really a pain in the neck! That is why you don't see thin pillar anymore for examples! They are bigger to protect you in roll-overs, but then you can't see pedestrians as a result, and then you have to have a big nose and massive front over hang to protect them! It is a right Fiasco this modern day motoring!!!.... :evil:

Meh. If pedestrians wanted to have legs (or lives) they shouldn't step out in front of cars.....

Meh. If pedestrians wanted to have legs (or lives) they shouldn't step out in front of cars.....

Plus eleventy. That part of the issue seems to have been completely forgotten. Got into a big argument with a girl at work the other day - some bloke had got done for doing 38 in a 30 and was moaning a bit, she came out with the "what if you'd hit a child" cliché, I retorted with "what was the child doing in the middle of the road in the first place?" and she reacted like I'd just bum raped her granny. This mentality of "blame the driver" really irritates me.

Plus eleventy. That part of the issue seems to have been completely forgotten. Got into a big argument with a girl at work the other day - some bloke had got done for doing 38 in a 30 and was moaning a bit, she came out with the "what if you'd hit a child" cliché, I retorted with "what was the child doing in the middle of the road in the first place?" and she reacted like I'd just bum raped her granny. This mentality of "blame the driver" really irritates me.

Agreed. We've had a family of housing association chavs move in up the road from us in the last year and they have no road sense at all. The road is just wide enough for 2 cars and there are always cars on one side of the road and they'll ride inbetween you and the kerb and then inexplicably turn in front of your car.

I certainly don't think people should speed in 30 zones, but kids shouldn't be on the road unless crossing the road and if they stuck to that then very few would get run over......

I count how many times I've seen the little chavlets on the road almost get hit by a car that's had to slam its brakes on.

When my daughter was about 4 or 5 she decided to run into the road for no reason at all. It was a busy main road but luckily there weren't any cars there at that time.

I got her back on the pavement and suggested to my wife that this was a smacking offense (there are very few). She agreed and the daughter was smacked.

Some bloke in an Astra van stopped and started to have a go at me!

My daughter hasn't run in the road since, and doesn't seem mentally damaged either.

When my daughter was about 4 or 5 she decided to run into the road for no reason at all. It was a busy main road but luckily there weren't any cars there at that time.

I got her back on the pavement and suggested to my wife that this was a smacking offense (there are very few). She agreed and the daughter was smacked.

Some bloke in an Astra van stopped and started to have a go at me!

My daughter hasn't run in the road since, and doesn't seem mentally damaged either.

There is a proven link between pain and not doing shit again......