Jump to content

Readers drives (and garages)


Recommended Posts

Posted

The kids came home the weekend and child 1 bought along his drone. 

Far too windy for the drone but managed to get a few snaps and this one confirms there is loads of room for more cars!

Screenshot_2026-07-13-17-30-40-201_com.whatsapp.jpg

  • Like 3
Posted

Is that a blue X-Type bottom of pic? 

Posted
17 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

Is that a blue X-Type bottom of pic? 

Unfortunately....

  • Sad 1
Posted
17 minutes ago, Purfleet said:

Unfortunately....

What kind is it? Diesel/petrol? V6? Etc...

At first, I thought it was an S-Type as I've got one in the same colour.

Posted
Just now, Lord Sterling said:

What kind is it? Diesel/petrol? V6? Etc...

At first, I thought it was an S-Type as I've got one in the same colour.

2.1 petrol auto, nice enough car, bought for 700 quid with 7 months MOT. then I noticed a hole in the sill and the master cylinder using brake fluid at an alarming rate. 

So I need to make a decision to either fix or bin, the problem is they are worth nothing

Posted

2.1 auto. Leather? And I'm guessing post 2001? (For CAZ/ULEZ)

I'd say worth it depending on how much work is required/price. They're nice revving little things. I drive a base-spec 2.1 V6 years ago and found it very acceptable. 

If it wasn't for the Vectra, I'd probably like to have a 2.1/25 V6 estate as an everydayer.

Posted

Yes full leather, 03 plate and yeah its ULEZ. Its just a posh mondeo really.

its a decent enough car, but i just don't enjoy driving it like i do the cav's and the vectra's - the 28mpg doesn't help. I would c

the only real rust is the drivers side sill, will need a decent size patch (trying to learn welding but the heat is not conducive at the moment) and then there is the leaking master clyinder - if it was one or the other i would have just got it done but i can see me shelling out £500 to end up with a car worth 700/800 and i just dont love it.

the vectra B estate needs a good 800/900 throwing at it and i would much rather drive that (its such a good looking car)

but i need to make a decision before it rots in to my driveway 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...