Grizz’s OCD Awesome ASTRO Van 🚙 Megane SCENIC 1.5dci 🚙. Peugeot 206 CC FOR SALE 🐸 Jeep up for grabs too.🚨

grizz

So another day of being kept busy by loads of things. 
Post office runs, hour long phone calls with friends about how quiet the job market is in our industry. Listing more stuff on Marketplace and responding to dumbass questions. 

So I really only got going after lunch sometime. 
First job was clearing and cleaning the floor in the other part of the garage. That part nobody sees. The 5’ Drill press table and surrounding floor took quite some time as the garage vacuum hose (retired 20 years ago from household tasks) kept getting blocked at various junctions by the challenge of swarf and junk going up it. 
Next job was to start cleaning shelves on more of my storage. 
I have brand new truck parts, bought and collected from LMC in Kansas City, Oklahoma City and other places across the USA  that are still as I had unpacked them from my baggage in 2015 
Some of the biodegradable plastic bags had completely decomposed leaving piles of parts that needed vacuum cleaning. Sorting them at the same time. 
This all takes time. 

But I have found a lot of treasures. 
I never completed the unpacking and mental inventory but it feels good, seeing stuff that will be drawn into service as the C10 restoration starts to take off again. 

I am not sure which set of badges I will be using in this build. 
Being a 1966 C10, Custom Cab V8 there are obviously the original versions but this is no true 100 point restoration, rather an aesthetically pleasing (TO ME, FOR MY PLEASURE ) rebuild with custom touches that appeal to me. 

As always, all input, comments, advice, donations, parts, cash, drugs, help, visits to Grizz’s Garage where Grizz’s Sh17s happens are welcome and encouraged. It gets lonely down there. 

Speaking of lonely……

Sally had eventually capitulated and bought herself the largest twin port Air Frier ( I still have no clue how they actually work) So she offered to do marinated chicken skewers/kebabs for us and brought them over with Pita Pockets. A bit like Meals on Wheels. Food was good and she left by 18.45 which saw me headed down to the garage again. 
Having been indoors for a bit, I didn’t enjoy the cold of the garage and decided not to carry on with cleaning up. 
Rather to reward myself with some “Hobby Time”
So I went to the wood store and found a 800mm length of oak. 
Brought it back in and got going making another name plate or board for my shop. I had collected the parts a few years ago. Lack of mojo precluded completion. Now it felt good. 
Small rewards. 

Just to clarify for all the wordsmiths, linguists and spelling police out there……
The name encompasses the good, bad and ugly that happens or is part of my shop. 

So Dennis always brings and collects for me, license plates at his bodyshop. 

Once I got to a critical mass of Missouri State plates I could go at them with tin snips and cut out letters and numbers that gave me what I needed. 

7F573FC5-D140-4D1E-8B66-051D5F679582.jpe

I had also rediscovered some the aluminium castings from Andy near Terlton in Oklahoma, one of my favourite places to visit on road trips. They have been mounted on the archway down the drive, outside the shop. 

While doing the layout I really wanted to incorporate one of my favourite brands. And a small road trip memento. 

D9E790E5-5B2E-43D6-9007-2B098FE514CB.jpe

Assembly was pretty quick with one screw up ( in my mind at least, can you see it in the final product?) and I still need to decide where and how to mount it. 

Hanging from a chain, rope, propped up or screwed down. 

Not yet sure. 

42BBAF92-1532-4B18-8BEE-03391682FF5E.jpe

By 19.45 it was completed and I looked around, satisfied that there was actually progress again. 

TOUCH SOMETHING. MOVE SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING. ITS ALL PROGRESS. 

RESULT 

F27C0BE7-33B8-496F-8F86-74BD6505DB1B.jpe

In the end I decided not to use this piece, from Andy’s foundry yet. 

Today I will look for an appropriate place for it. 

Possibly on the Chevy Tailgate bench up at the house, on the deck, where friends often congregate for a BBQ in summer. 

Or possibly on the wooden arch to the shop area. 

9BF6EB88-DF53-474C-83AD-1D23B775391F.jpe

This is starting to feel like progress and success to me. 

Like the MoJo is coming back bit by bit. 

Long may it continue. 

Life is good. 

13 minutes ago, grizz said:

But would you like to own it? 

Getting into it is like using a pair of crutches and having to sit down on a skateboard. 

Getting out is much easier……

Just roll to the left and drag yourself out. 

Saying that………

I still think it’s bound to end up here. (If I can clear two cars out ) 

See, I've been working on the basis that you were offered it and no-one else should be looking 😂

1 hour ago, grizz said:

But would you like to own it? 

Getting into it is like using a pair of crutches and having to sit down on a skateboard. 

Getting out is much easier……

Just roll to the left and drag yourself out. 

Saying that………

I still think it’s bound to end up here. (If I can clear two cars out ) 

Yes, ooohhh yes, very much .... 🤪

On 14/03/2024 at 09:24, Westbay said:

Yes, ooohhh yes, very much .... 🤪

You are shitting me Tony. 

Seriously? 

On 14/03/2024 at 09:00, RichardK said:

See, I've been working on the basis that you were offered it and no-one else should be looking 😂

I am soooo conflicted 😐 

But…… 

@RichardK and @Westbay sometimes stupid is what stupid does. 

And yesterday was a great day. 

I mounted my new shop sign above the small door, and mounted the Bullshit Corner sign on the tailgate bench I made. 

65FDF17D-F811-4AA0-98E5-6088DEDBE3C8.jpe

D3401B84-4360-4BEB-9584-B7E006B66341.jpe

Met a great guy who is a builder, runs a wedding car hire business on the side. Bought some traffic lights off me that I have owned 10 years. Sold the other one years ago for what both cost me. Never mounted them as they turned out to too large. He had just bought a white black cab to add to his fleet. @£350 for a days hire, it seems like good business. 

Later I kept unpacking one of my tool sheds, engine stands, cherry picker, can and body mounts live in there. Discovered some road signs that I used to have up before COVID came and the carport got built. 

Thought I would list them as a joblot on marketplace and see if anyone grabbed them. They were all found in ditches, roadsides and some straightened out, cleaned etc. 

Now if you look closely at what they sell for (well, are advertised for) I was very low. I contacted a guy who bought a load of toolboxes and other stuff recently and said that I was listing for £25.00  I also sent a pic. He came back and took them and a load of other stuff I knew he liked, before listing them. £95.00 squeezed out of his cold dead hands. 

Random ad on FB. 

Check the individual prices. 

E7490188-DD9C-4B06-BA92-83E0C1C45639.png

Matt got these and about 10 more large safety, warning and speed restriction signs as part of the same deal. 

Helps me make space and him happy. 

B1F79FF4-70D5-4827-9C3B-7F6BB50C0794.jpe

While I was unpacking I found a load of my favourites in a cabinet. They have gone back up in various places. 

I felt it was perfect as part of this purging and Mojo returning. 

8523CFFC-A31B-44FD-8397-51324C0755D3.jpe

By 10.00pm last night another set of new, unused vintage Halogen spotlights sold, I agreed to post them to possibly the most challenging postal address I have sent anything to. But it’s another £20.00 in the kitty which has grown to beyond £1300.00 

This is crazy, and a real businessman would have had £5k from the same stuff, but overall my investment was still less than the return, and most importantly, the pleasure I have had from them….. kinda priceless. 

That postal address. 

Jackie Chan* 

Unit Rear of aspect ducting 24

Right Side Of driveway

Co154lu

Funny how weird it feels though……

Originally I thought that if my selling off stuff I had no use for brought in £500.00 toward another vehicle purchase, to reduce the self induced guilt… I would be doing well. 

Last night….

0F808A2A-141C-434A-8F4C-C1EB4D78A77D.jpe

So in the mean time, I do hope that the universe will come into play and stop me, but if it doesn’t, hey…..

Happy Skinned Knuckles. 

I feel the guilt. 

834EC03E-4922-45D8-AE66-96940C1C8CFB.jpe

Amazingly it is 11.30 already. 

Friday. 

Coffee and custard creams, then garage. 

I did start on the shelves of Chevy truck parts yesterday. But it is a slow, deliberate process. Sorting out so much irrelevant items into different storage spaces and trying to keep a mental track of what I see. 

Mostly, I have no clue what I have in my hands. 

This will be fun. 

Later. 

13 minutes ago, RichardK said:

That Canada licence plate...!

I have a few Bear, Grizz, grizzly type plates 

3 hours ago, grizz said:

But…… 

@RichardK and @Westbay sometimes stupid is what stupid does. 

And yesterday was a great day. 

I mounted my new shop sign above the small door, and mounted the Bullshit Corner sign on the tailgate bench I made. 

65FDF17D-F811-4AA0-98E5-6088DEDBE3C8.jpe

D3401B84-4360-4BEB-9584-B7E006B66341.jpe

Met a great guy who is a builder, runs a wedding car hire business on the side. Bought some traffic lights off me that I have owned 10 years. Sold the other one years ago for what both cost me. Never mounted them as they turned out to too large. He had just bought a white black cab to add to his fleet. @£350 for a days hire, it seems like good business. 

Later I kept unpacking one of my tool sheds, engine stands, cherry picker, can and body mounts live in there. Discovered some road signs that I used to have up before COVID came and the carport got built. 

Thought I would list them as a joblot on marketplace and see if anyone grabbed them. They were all found in ditches, roadsides and some straightened out, cleaned etc. 

Now if you look closely at what they sell for (well, are advertised for) I was very low. I contacted a guy who bought a load of toolboxes and other stuff recently and said that I was listing for £25.00  I also sent a pic. He came back and took them and a load of other stuff I knew he liked, before listing them. £95.00 squeezed out of his cold dead hands. 

Random ad on FB. 

Check the individual prices. 

E7490188-DD9C-4B06-BA92-83E0C1C45639.png

Matt got these and about 10 more large safety, warning and speed restriction signs as part of the same deal. 

Helps me make space and him happy. 

B1F79FF4-70D5-4827-9C3B-7F6BB50C0794.jpe

While I was unpacking I found a load of my favourites in a cabinet. They have gone back up in various places. 

I felt it was perfect as part of this purging and Mojo returning. 

8523CFFC-A31B-44FD-8397-51324C0755D3.jpe

By 10.00pm last night another set of new, unused vintage Halogen spotlights sold, I agreed to post them to possibly the most challenging postal address I have sent anything to. But it’s another £20.00 in the kitty which has grown to beyond £1300.00 

This is crazy, and a real businessman would have had £5k from the same stuff, but overall my investment was still less than the return, and most importantly, the pleasure I have had from them….. kinda priceless. 

That postal address. 

Jackie Chan* 

Unit Rear of aspect ducting 24

Right Side Of driveway

Co154lu

Funny how weird it feels though……

Originally I thought that if my selling off stuff I had no use for brought in £500.00 toward another vehicle purchase, to reduce the self induced guilt… I would be doing well. 

Last night….

0F808A2A-141C-434A-8F4C-C1EB4D78A77D.jpe

So in the mean time, I do hope that the universe will come into play and stop me, but if it doesn’t, hey…..

Happy Skinned Knuckles. 

I feel the guilt. 

834EC03E-4922-45D8-AE66-96940C1C8CFB.jpe

Amazingly it is 11.30 already. 

Friday. 

Coffee and custard creams, then garage. 

I did start on the shelves of Chevy truck parts yesterday. But it is a slow, deliberate process. Sorting out so much irrelevant items into different storage spaces and trying to keep a mental track of what I see. 

Mostly, I have no clue what I have in my hands. 

This will be fun. 

Later. 

Hard businessman b0ll0cks eeking maximum profit? 

Nah,  I'd be on the "shift it!",  take a bit of £ if it's there, leave some for the next (wo)man & invest the difference in the karma part of the equation 👍🏼

40 minutes ago, jim89 said:

Hard businessman b0ll0cks eeking maximum profit? 

Nah,  I'd be on the "shift it!",  take a bit of £ if it's there, leave some for the next (wo)man & invest the difference in the karma part of the equation 👍🏼

100%

Agreed. Life is good. 

My Karma bucket is always full. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, grizz said:

You are shitting me Tony. 

Seriously? 

yup ! seriously ! no sh*tting ....

1 hour ago, Westbay said:

yup ! seriously ! no sh*tting ....

Maybe we should have a conversation 

Don’t you just hate selling stuff?

£6.00 for a Ford Cortina prop shaft. COLLECTED. 

That’s cheap if you want or need  one. 

But a buyer messaged, “would you post?” 

I looked at his profile and he is a car guy. 

So I agree to wrap it up and go post it. 

I HAVE TO BE STUPID. 

So half an hour and much swearing, an old bedsheet, some wallpaper and a large roll of masking tape later I have a skinny mummy. 

Off to the post office 3 miles away. 

Just not worth the agro, is it?? 

But we are car guys.  

ED64BE5D-B07F-480A-946E-E63D58A3CFCB.jpe

86A0421F-97F2-4916-9EF7-47A4E9AB974B.jpe

And ready to go. 

01C02427-53D9-40A5-BEDC-51494601FFB1.jpe

Also sold a set of Sachs Madass headlights for £25.00 to be posted. 

And today an Albanian wants to buy a £10.00 radio, you guessed it, posted. 

Waste of my garage clearing time. 

Hey ho…….,

Cash in the kitty I guess. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, grizz said:

Maybe we should have a conversation 

Don’t you just hate selling stuff?

£6.00 for a Ford Cortina prop shaft. COLLECTED. 

That’s cheap if you want or need  one. 

But a buyer messaged, “would you post?” 

I looked at his profile and he is a car guy. 

So I agree to wrap it up and go post it. 

I HAVE TO BE STUPID. 

So half an hour and much swearing, an old bedsheet, some wallpaper and a large roll of masking tape later I have a skinny mummy. 

Off to the post office 3 miles away. 

Just not worth the agro, is it?? 

But we are car guys.  

ED64BE5D-B07F-480A-946E-E63D58A3CFCB.jpe

86A0421F-97F2-4916-9EF7-47A4E9AB974B.jpe

And ready to go. 

01C02427-53D9-40A5-BEDC-51494601FFB1.jpe

Also sold a set of Sachs Madass headlights for £25.00 to be posted. 

And today an Albanian wants to buy a £10.00 radio, you guessed it, posted. 

Waste of my garage clearing time. 

Hey ho…….,

Cash in the kitty I guess. 

Just how much does it cost to post a cortina prop shaft to Hedge End? 

Always a pleasure chatting with you Grizz ..... hope your customers are paying the postage from Grizz Emporium .... 😁

1 hour ago, jim89 said:

Just how much does it cost to post a cortina prop shaft to Hedge End? 

£7.00

1 hour ago, Westbay said:

Always a pleasure chatting with you Grizz ..... hope your customers are paying the postage from Grizz Emporium .... 😁

Propshaft guy paid £16  for masking tape, box tape and a dust sheet, 6 miles drive plus my time. 

• Like 2

i would hope it is a law you need a Cortina to live on Crusader road! sounds like a good place! your mojo boost is infectious - i need to start digging thru inherited random tools and see whats what, need some room for activities in the shed!

6 hours ago, SilverMachine said:

i would hope it is a law you need a Cortina to live on Crusader road! sounds like a good place! your mojo boost is infectious - i need to start digging thru inherited random tools and see whats what, need some room for activities in the shed!

Mojo is so evasive. 

Grab it whenever you can. 

Making FREE cash from junk or stashed treasure seems to have become a thing right now. 

The added befit is that I am managing to clear up, clear out, sort out and organise my garage. 

Some days it feels like I have nothing to show but I know there is progress. 

Today saw me get stuff packed, posted and sold at the gate. The £££’s keep trickling in and that is addictive. 

Everything that has gone, been advertised and sold, was surplus in one or another way. 

I was up in the garage loft the other day and pulled stuff that had been sitting there for 10 or more years. Listed, sold, to be collected. 

I also advertised a set of rear lights for £6.00 collected……

Got a message from a random person. 

F5365BA9-E7D2-43BA-BE4D-1262D90C8190.png

FF9E0357-4FCE-413C-B648-BA8B416747CE.png

So this is what I had posted up. 

31AB3F6A-60F0-4446-9C14-790AA5BCE4D4.jpe

Today, along with my distractions including a visit from @nickwheeler I decided to just give them a wipe down. 

Of course you know that I am not going to just wipe them down. 

Suddenly they were disassembled. 

C98751FD-A331-41D5-BA83-343222B46977.jpe

And the result…….

C971E126-C8A8-4BDC-8249-BCA520E21283.jpe

281BEE76-FE21-42BA-8159-44E6110B9D32.jpe

I am happy with this result. 

Listed for £40.00

Lets see whether someone sees any value in them. 

Prices range wildly, from £35.00 to plenty much more.  Lets see if someone needs them at £40.00

4B10D3CF-B505-4761-A952-B04D4EF54E3B.png

Sitting with a small glass of sherry, before dinner, which always makes me enjoy dinner even more

Tomorrow has no agenda yet. 

Chinese stir fry for dinner. 

• Like 3

33 years ago. 

Still amazed at how this turned out. 

I painted on the sidewalk with that small home built compressor 

IMG_9254.jpeg

IMG_9253.jpeg

Weekend over. 

My weekend carries on though. 

Progress is slow, painful but it is constant. 

The main part of the garage is cleared, except for all the parts of the C10. Load bed, tailgate interior parts etc. stuff in tubs all marked meticulously 9 years ago. Not meaning a thing now. 

The next part is the right half of the garage. 

The L-Shape part you never see. 

Today is a jackpot day for every 

Pathetic nosey zoomer who loves to read the original description on the side of boxes and forensically examine my shit in order to criticise or judge. Yes this sounds really harsh but every one who does not resemble that remark is safe. The rest, zoom away. 

It will be like putting out a 5000 piece puzzle on the dining room table on boxing day, with the objective of completing it by New Year. 

I admittedly have a ton of trash. All mine. All my responsibility. All my problem. 

So this week….. 

I have to go through the shelves one at a time to try separate active C10 build parts from random fanciful stuff and then also outright junk which I may have some of. 

Not much to sell here this time, but I will carry on with cleaning and clearing out unnecessary bulk. 

After all, who needs six packs of brand new valve caps. 

As always, any distracting visits are appreciated and encouraged so I can drink my umpteenth mug of coffee and contemplate what shelf next. 

There is also a loft with stuff…… yup.  

So for the ZOOOOMERS !! 

YOUR PARTY STARTS HERE. 

Regular visitors will know just how much has changed in this photo already. 

731CD190-94D4-4541-B695-F1FBC70D7FED.jpe

Which leaves us here on Sunday afternoon. 

The area to the left was already sorted, tidied, swept and moved around. 

This lot has not. 

ADC613D2-D6D0-4C78-83BD-D56038DF5CCD.jpe

CFBCC147-CBB0-4270-BBA9-D3BE46704CFB.jpe

And the rear of the garage, foot of the inverted L has more junk and truck parts. Zoooom away stalkers. 

Then there is upstairs as well. 

74204E2E-EEDA-4C75-A7BC-92A400988D54.jpe

55E629ED-5711-4181-BD66-88AD313DAD03.jpe

Some yard work yesterday included cleaning and repairing the shed roofs. 

These sheds contain more more big tools like engine hoists, stands etc. small she is filled with firewood. Not used this year as not cold enough. 

7D5DA3C8-EECE-453E-8FA9-9B667B2F4015.jpe

By 3.30 yesterday I had decided that I wanted to close shop, shower and head out to go play ball with Bonnie. Much nicer than rummaging and having pointless conversations with potential buyers about items that are £200-£500 new and listed for £20 collected, who then want to argue about £2 difference between post office and courier. Expecting me to do the packing, courier registration, payment and drive 3 miles to the village to drop off and then return home. Idiots abound. 

I sat in the shop on my John Deere stool for about 20 minutes, just enjoying the silence and space around me. 

Feeling the truck looking over my shoulder at the incoming weather. 

A moment of peace. 

Caused by: Touch it. Feel it. See it. Move it. All being progress. 

A9A72035-C8F5-4F75-8BE2-4B599D49787D.jpe

Incoming weather passed me by in the end. 

1DDAFDFE-A289-465C-A801-ABD323337619.jpe

Last look at the truck before I set the alarm etc and closed shop to walk away. 

24C94E24-7311-49F1-A9F2-029EB4555F87.jpe

Life is good. 

Sometimes we just need to zoom out a bit and see the bigger picture. 

Just now, Bazfr69 said:

I do love a good sort and clear out although my stuff tends to go to the charity shop or the tip I must admit. 

I have three charities that I support. Help for Heroes, Mind, Cats Protection League. 

Garage stuff would not be accepted there. 

I started off trying to give stuff away, still do. No takers. 

Then tried a few items on FB and the rest us cash in the kitty as they say. Or is that history? 

14 minutes ago, grizz said:

I have three charities that I support. Help for Heroes, Mind, Cats Protection League. 

Garage stuff would not be accepted there. 

I started off trying to give stuff away, still do. No takers. 

Then tried a few items on FB and the rest us cash in the kitty as they say. Or is that history? 

Most of the excess in my garage is stuff that has migrated from the house tbf, I don’t have a massive excess of parts or car paraphernalia. 
The overspill is just the result of being in a smallish house. 

I did sell electrical stuff on fb occasionally but this was only because my local charity shops wouldn’t accept it. Thankfully my local cancer place now does. 

Area eventually cleared, carport repainted and cat shelf up for the neighbourhood freeloaders. 

IMG_0025.png

• Like 2

Remember those Mini rear lights I had, thought maybe pickup but they turned out to be for a van. 

C971E126-C8A8-4BDC-8249-BCA520E21283.jpe

Off to Ontario, Canada, to be fitted to a V-Tec converted van. 

Removed from the plinths, double wrapped, bubble wrap, box and into a padded envelope. 

IMG_6639.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Going into this van once complete as the builder also builds and supplies subframes and front ends for Honda V-Tec conversions. 

Pretty cool place for them to end up. 

New floor going in currently. 

IMG_1670.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

IMG_1669.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Currently he is contactable via Facebook group as  DBCOOPERS

I am really pleased it went to the right guy who will use it. 

Life is good. 

Wanna buy a Peugeot mister?? 

Cheap as chips. 

Spent some time on the 206CC

Tried to open seatback as suggested online in order to try get to the boot lock to pop it open. 

Ha ! 

No luck. 

Any more advice or help? 

I really need to sell this very cool and powerful little car, in order to make space. It truly is surplus to needs. 

Back seat, seat back removed. 

IMG_6659.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Also spent time sorting through some more piles of stuff, including electrical wiring, sockets, plugs etc. 

Then disassembled the wooden skid or trolley that I had built for the Rezin Rockit build, it made moving the body and chassis much easier to move around single handedly. 

I had part of a custom made Chevy C10 cab rolling trolley mate Martin had made for his build, discarded after use, I collected it from his scrap pile, cleaned and painted it. 

IMG_6660.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

After removing the wheels and then finding a load of nuts, bolts and washers I put it all together. 

Once again the little DeWalt impact driver with 1/2 inch adapter made life easier, it did the same for disassembly of the wooden skid frame. 

Wood will be used as part of a new cab lifter that I need to make up. 

IMG_6671.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Ready to rock n roll with the cab. 

Cab gets bolted or mounted over these cab mount bolts. 

Than one can move it about, but it is also raised above the ground. 

IMG_6691.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Getting a C10 cab lifted is a four man lift. 

It is big, heavy and awkward to lift, then carrying it forward, rearward or rolling the chassis out from under it. 

To make life easier……

Step in the cab lifter, I will make a new one as the one previously made, is both rotten and some way away from here. 

Using an engine hoist inversely, one can singlehandedly lift and remove a cab. 

Video I made 9 years ago when Martin was removing his cab the first time. 

https://youtu.be/LxcuePYK-8Q?si=3WDT2K8UAKfKpARe

Looking forward to more tidying up today. 

Progress is slow but happening. 

• Like 1

Astro Love. 

I am quite ruthless (if there really is such a thing) about the cars that are on my drive 

Anything is for sale or possibly even for trade if the trade item suits my quirky needs. 

@Marm Toastsmith is looking for something interesting that can be applied in multiple ways. 

The Astro would suit his needs in so very many ways and possibly even the value I associate with it.  

But I realised (tbh I know) that I was not yet ready to see it burble off into the sunset. 

After having mate John sort out replacing the radio that was fitted to it when I bought it, along with the new dash I managed to find in Arkansas, and knowing there’s a few more maintenance type jobs to get it up to the next level of ownership, I decided that I was not ready to see it off. Maybe I never will be. 

I have maintained for years that if you don’t look back at your car when you walk away and smile, you have bought the wrong car. 

This Astro is really weird. 

Until I sell the Rezin Rockit, it has to live outside my kitchen window, then it will move into the carport. It deserves that treatment. 

BUT……. I honestly find myself looking at it from indoors or when walking in from the garage, that it always makes me smile. 

Pretty boring ehhhh? 
But that’s what it does to me  

IMG_0971_nV2TpMxAEijpBHbds5aC9K.jpeg?wid IMG_0985.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit IMG_0690.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit 736E06AF-103B-40DC-B4AF-248B7AF27346.jpe

Back to the reason for this long write up  

This week I was using the van to donPost office runs, not the cheapest way to save money, and to go food shopping  

Stopping at the post office I realised again that unless someone really needs this car a lot of queens faces more than me, ir may be stuck here for a while  

This view really makes me happy  

F4483F60-40D8-420F-AEDB-FB25712982D9.jpe

Yesterday I was busy working in the garage, still clearing up and finding stuff that was shoved into boxes, onto shelves etc the last 7 years. 

Rediscovered my Big Foot gas pedals that Andy in Oklahoma had made for me. 

And so I went to see if I could find a way to fit one into the van. 

It does kinda make the van’s residency more permanent here. 

Looks like a fit. 

96163FF5-E964-4AB6-A851-B57DEDB91C4F.jpe

And so a bit of etch primer. 

Followed by masking around the edges

A29DAD03-E949-4B04-9D62-4A02AB2551FA.jpe

And some Chevy Engine block high heat orange followed by clear lacquer. 

6B6C7BFA-00B0-4776-8056-0B04B14C4FAB.jpe

Later today I will get back to it and polish and sand back all the proud surfaces and then drill and tap some holes in the rear for some mounting holes and brackets. 

In the meantime I’ll get to a frw other jobs as well. 

Mate Martin sent me some very old photos that time when we were young. 

Details of the cab lifter are clearer 

So I can go measure up the cab, find some lumber in my store (yes I have one of those for wood) and make up a new lifter. 

C4B552AA-D5BF-45C1-94C9-B4B681D97406.jpe

C60ACCB1-D427-4AAF-865B-98DED73F5C26.jpe

63B7839C-2419-4ED0-A92C-8181876B6BFD.jpe

My C10 is ready and waiting. 

Cab needs four big guys or friends that I don’t have to lift off. 

So this will be a great tool to have on hand. 

24C94E24-7311-49F1-A9F2-029EB4555F87.jpe

Maybe that will be a job for later today. 

I am still struggling to get the trunk of the 206 open. 

But it is Friday again. 

Progress. 

What does it look like. 

Sometimes you really have to look.  

This current phase of trying to get back onto the C10 build started around the 20th of February. 

So I make it four weeks of work and brainstorming. 

Now keep in mind, none of you have a clue of what junk I have and just how chaotic my stuff may be. Hidden in so many places, sheds, the house etc. So despite the progress seemingly being tortuous and slow, it is progress, more so than if I were watching long Netflix episodes.  

And as my mentor (bollocks me gently if I screw up) and friend Fil says, it’s a lot like going to the gym. You know you should but you don’t   So when you start, it is slow, but you keep going and start to reap the rewards. Of course as another wise man said “Touch it, Feel it, See it. Move it, That is Progress” 

So Wednesday Night I was on a roll  came in, had some dinner and saw Sally who popped in for dinner, for an hour then went back to the garage and carried on till 9.15pm  Not happened for a very long time  

I managed to get this far  

BAA3BAFE-6344-449F-9AA0-3BC91004A348.jpe

544B078E-8108-4F68-8C86-8088CA8F94C2.jpe

George was down there the whole time   
He says nothing, doesn’t judge me, but I suspect that if I died or got mortally injured, he has his knife and fork ready, along with a bottle of hot sauce  

B52DAA49-C199-496C-9CD2-B22AE312A3AB.jpe

At about 8.30 I came in to grab a glass of Pepsi Max. Walking back the view made me smile again.  

There has been Progress here  

1E3C69BC-EECF-440A-9D98-C1C862ACF330.jpe

Then came in by 9.30 to shower, thought screw it, watched an hour or so of YouTube videos and got to bed  

Lying in bed, I ran through the last four weeks and thought about how much better I feel about this . And of course I made some cash out of the clutter  

Life is good   

• Like 3