Datsuncog's Heaps: Sept 2023 - Another Year's T-Met Exemption Certificate...

Datsuncog

I like this thread!

Could I please secure the red Capri, Silver roof-up 560 SL, Green 940 estate and Silver E46 cabrio?

Got anything 306 or B5 Audi A4 related?

Those are secured for you - and yes, I have an A4 saloon by Automax and an RS4 Avant by some other maker whose name I can't quite remember... all the same approximate scale. No 306, sadly!

Currently on a train, so will PM you some pics shortly!

Could I please indicate my desire for the twin pack Golf and Beetle, and also the Passat Estate?

Are you happy for me to wait and see if you post anything else desirable to combine postage?

Sure thing - allocated, and no bother with hanging on to see what other goodies are about!

Yellow 560SL, hood down 280SL and red and silver 206s please, plus probably more when you list them. Is that Toyota Estima the one I've already put my name down for?

No bother - and yes, that Estima is the one you're after!

More pics to follow...

Alright so; having sat up half the night uploading overly-large photos of Very Smol Cars via the shonky laptop's less-than-optimal wi-fi connection, I hit upon the idea of uploading the remaining 100-odd photos (taken last year on a digital camera) to my phone via Bluetooth overnight, and then surreptitiously uploading them onto these so-very-beige pages while in work today.

The pics apparently uploaded fine, but now I can't find the buggers on my phone anywhere. The search continues.

Hey ho.

In other, non-diecast news, L'il Thunder went down this morning to get its new rear springs fitted.

post-17915-0-96684100-1526405586.jpg

Since our friendly local gang of delinquent starlings ensure that any vehicle in our driveway is perpetually plastered in bird guano, I stopped off en route at the Star garage's self-serve JetWash, in a risable attempt to get the very worst of the clabber blasted off and foster the impression of a responsible car owner who actually gives a tiny toss about his vehicle's appearance.

[spoiler alert: I really don't]

20180517_204153.jpg

Thanks to a tangled pressure cable during a critical phase of the Hot Foam Wash cycle, I ended up presenting myself at the garage premises looking like I'd recently enjoyed a brief but memorable acting role in 'Elephant House Bukkake Party 3 - Here Comes Jumbo'.

Which was not really the look I was going for.

The garage premises contained dangerous levels of shite sitting around in assorted stages of dilapidation, including a Rover 400 with its entire lower 2 inches vaporised; a Lexus LS400 on flat tyres; a Proton Non-Persona; lotsa nearly-new Vauxhall Insignias and Zafiras with the towing eye in place going slowly green; quite a few post-2000 Renaults doing the same; and a smiley Transit.

I would have taken some pics, but I didn't want to miss my train. So I advised the Tame Spannerist to ring me if he discovered that, say, the whole back end was held on with clothes pegs and baler twine, and then trip-trapped my way to Lidl on the way to the station and snaffled a few of their fresh-baked pains au chocolat.

Then I got stuck in a stupendous queue of old biddies determined to maximise their social interaction for the week by chatting volubly and at length with Lidl's sole till jockey. And, of course, I missed my train by <15 seconds. Rats' cocks.

Curse my obstinate inability to put baked goods down and just leave.

Still, I then had half an hour to myself at a miserable damp rural railway halt, allowing me to seek flakey and calorific solace in a sack of pastries while scrolling through the brisk Cararama sales from last night, only to be joined towards the end by a very nice but slightly lost family from Western Australia.

Tame Spannerist hasn't phoned me yet, so I'm hoping that means all is going super-smoothly and it should be ready and waiting with a newly pert arse around 6pm when I arrive to collect.

I'm equally hoping it doesn't mean that the Subaru's still idling away up the side of the premises where I left it four hours ago... wouldn't be the first time that a garage has done that...

Stay tuned.