It's Saturday, it's 7.30am, it's time for...

cms206

The boot shutlines are mostly okay actually, the offside tail light is a bit "in". Need to do more investigating but the boot floor and rear quarter panels are ok on first inspection.

I was stopped for a good maybe ten seconds before the screech of tyres was behind me... he managed to lock up a 66-plate Corsa in the dry.

Just the bumper guard thankfully.

I don't intend to claim Trig. I'm sore but it's hard enough to get insured at sensible money without taking a cash hit for a non-fault for the next five years. It took long enough to get a solid enough Cavalier without losing one this quickly.

The towbar goes onto a sturdy looking bracket about 3/4 the width of the car so I'm hoping that took the hit.

Wheesht you! The boot seems mostly sound.

Put it back on. It's saved the Cavalier I reckon.

Not sure... young lad, insured with a black box company, girlfriend in the car so most likely. Apparantly his 66-plate Corsa is already on it's second engine.

All Vauxhalls are... well mine isn't.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No doubt the first engine is stuck to a towbar somewhere...

Gutted for you and hope the cav is ok - vx went downhill after the cav....

Wait, second engine on a 66 plate? At the very worse try and get some cash and a handshake for 'repairs' to teach him a valuable life lesson...

Yeah I can quite believe it, those Corsas are epically shit, even for a Vauxhall, its why I got rid of my 15 plate I bought brand new and lost half the value on in 18months. The build quality is shocking, pretty much my whole interior was replaced on warranty due to either rattles, falling apart, working loose or just not being fitted correctly (dashboard because it was warped at the factory, both front door inner trim panels, a drivers seat height adjuster, a drivers seat base, drivers seat cushion cloth cover trim, rain sensor surround, the bolts holding the drivers seat to the chassis worked loose twice in under a year, the dual function DRLs which dip to function as the sidelights at night one just went off at night when you switched the headlights on, like that from the day I collected it from the garage brand new, handbrake inop, a squeak that it was in to 3 dealers at least a dozen times for and had anti roll bar saddle bushes and a complete new anti roll bar fitted and it didnt cure it, road rash on the rear 1/4 panels infront of the rear wheels at less than a year old/13k miles, a touchscreen unit that would freeze, cut off, and sometimes show front parking sensor display and stay stuck on that for hours even though the car didnt have parking sensors, DAB radio packed up, Passenger seat cover came unclipped from the frame, hot/cold air dial became loose, engine started sounding very tappety like it was low on oil from 6k miles onwards, Vauxhall dealers said it was the fuel tank vent valve, was it buggery, reverse gear sometimes difficult to select, Brown glue marks all over headlining (common issue) Dirt under black paint on alloy wheel (factory painted in black for that spec)  

I suppose the issue will be he will have no choice than to go through his insurance unless your really lucky, that's probably eleventy million quids damage to that corsa, whereas you could probably do nothing to the cavalier and just carry on...

Also, awww, will the corsa give birth to little baby astras soon?

Yeah, as I said probably about double what Id guess Andy paid for the Cav, new bumper skin alone will be £400-ish, lower grille probably about £75, upper grille around £120, Vauxhall griffin £30, White grille bar £100, lower splitter probably £40, plus any hidden damage plus painting and labour.