It's Saturday, it's 7.30am, it's time for...

cms206

Balls to the Cav, tell me more about that Alfa.

Mr. FPB7 to the beige courtesy phone please.

So... Yes! As has been revealed the V this time was for Vauxhall, all of which are apparently shit. However, being a JohnK approved used Cavalier this one most certainly isn't.

post-4786-0-18589700-1491070921_thumb.jpg

We had one brief pause to exchange ballast

post-4786-0-35490400-1491071075_thumb.jpg

And Andy CMS thundered north to SVM HQ.

post-4786-0-24762700-1491071002_thumb.jpg

Bloody love a happy beginning.

Are they real alloys or trims that look like alloys?

They're actual alloys, same as my GTE Floppytop had from the factory and some other special editions and posh VXs. Nova Luxe?

Not sure they were standard on the GLS though.

They're actual alloys, same as my GTE Floppytop had from the factory and some other special editions and posh VXs. Nova Luxe?

Not sure they were standard on the GLS though.

GLS was the dogleg style ones I think, they and the LS were fitted with them by M reg I think.i think the ones on Andys Cav were on all sorts of Vauxhalls for a long time, probably one of the longest running alloys ever used by a manufacturer, 1997/98 Astra Arctics were the last to use them I think.

Details-about-Grey-Vauxhall-Cavalier-GLS

Excellent, i really fancy a Mk3 Cavalier myself, the saloons look the best too. About 10 years ago my father in law gained a N Cavalier 2.0 16v SRi saloon in dark grey after loaning the sister in laws boyfriend money to buy it and then he fucked off leaving the car. In the end it sold for £300... I'm still gutted that i didn't buy it as it was a bloody awesome car.

PROGRESS!

250 miles covered, it's like a comfy pair of shoes. Vauxhall really did get these motors right.

I've fixed the sun visors, washed it, hoovered it, replaced the offside headlight and fixed the nearside front indicator. Also found a set of Vauxhall mats which I've fitted. I need to adjust the skyward pointing nearside headlight but all seems well. It'll be due a cambelt but thats not a huge issue at the moment.

It cleans up really well and seems to go better than my last 1.8i Cavalier. WIFE_CMS approves too which is a bonus.

Required...

1) a not fucked Satin Red front bumper

2) boot floor plated

3) a not cracked tailblazer

4) new numberplates

... thats about it. Cosmetics and underseal are the only other issues and they're not massive issues for the time being anyway. I'm bloody loving being back in an 8v Cavalier.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Soon it'll do a vauxhall on you and we can all chime the immortal autoshite mantra we all love so much!

The fact that the vauxhall thing it does is probably something any car ever would do at any time is not the point...

Then, because of your post, karma will strike and your goona will do a goona.

I've not taken many photos of this yet; for all the Cavalier pervs (four of us, I think), some more photos.

I really need to try to track down a Satin Red metallic front bumper, it really lets it down. The original number plates are for Motorbodies Vauxhall Luton but it's lost it's dealer sticker. I'm in two minds about getting a fresh set of Motorbodies plates from DMB or going for a more local dealer - Ferguson of Renfrew were literally across the road from SWMBO's old house when she was growing up so that's a possibility. Don't think I'd get away with Lylesland Vauxhall 'cos I reckon they closed in the mid 80s.

Other than that the boot floor requires welding, it'll need undersealed and the offside rear door still won't unlock.

It's ace. I really didn't realise how much I missed having a Cavalier until now.0f5395f83999c6c0a5dfd787ff6deec8.jpgbd089602c13b174eda1c5861d5b64c5d.jpg69639ba3b3e1e1a76d4fd9a922760494.jpgcb67fe0240f4ce8f1ec6407360467ca3.jpg128c4da72bf4314ff4c38ae0e15d9c4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk