Lidl smart battery charger on sale Jan 15th

gordonbennet

As above, don't sod about they usually go quickly, £13.99.

Don't need to disconnect battery with these trickle chargers, the sort you can leave connected for days or weeks.

• Like 3

Thanks for that - I bought one from Aldi last year and it worked well. Unfortunately I left it outside and although it was IP44 rated, the button had cracked so let in water. I would have taken it back but it also stated for indoor use only so bringing it back full of water may have been a giveaway...

I bought one of the Aldi chargers and didn't think much of it.   It doesn't like charging batteries from flat, which seems to defeat the object of a charger to me.    

Yesterday I decided to try it on my Land Rover's battery, which only had enough charge to make the starter solenoid chatter.  It went through its voltage measuring routine and then appeared to return to standby, and was still like that when I got home from the pub at late o'clock.  I swapped over to my Halfords conventional charger, which appears to be quite happily charging away.  (I suppose it might even be defective - not sure, and cba returning it) 

I have what is called a conditioner rather than a charger. Got it from Halfords seven years ago and is plugged into the fiat's battery whenever it's in the garage (which is most of the time). It comes with a flying lead to permanently connect to the battery so you don't need to fiddle about with the battery cover or terminals either. Really handy and was £20.

edit - very similar to that ctec one in fact.

Some will, but this won't unless fooled by connecting another good battery in parallel. Voltage display is to be taken with a pinch of salt too...

post-5223-0-18035000-1421091541_thumb.jpg

But for the price and 3 year warranty I can't complain - I'll be trying to grab one on Thursday!