Some German spots

Wackeldackel

Hallo meine liebe Autoshiters.

As promised a few spots from where I'm currently living. Been doing some private work this weekend for a friend of a friend for CASH MONEYZ and he just happens to have some interesting bits of tin cluttering up his barns

My personal favourite, Mercedes -8, from 1972, 167, 000km on the clock. Hasn't run for three years, apparently some dodgy fuel pipes put the shits up the owner (Herman the farmer) and he's just not bothered fixing them. Very solid, hardly a speck of rust to be seen.

20140705_155608.jpg 20140705_155747.jpg 20140705_155707.jpg

Next an ex deutsche post VW golf (read GPO ford escrote van or bedford HA/beagle) Herman tells me that by blanking out the rear windows, you can insure and register the car as a van, hence cheaper insurance and road tax to the tune of about €90 per year. Amazingly this has Tüv (Gerrman 2 yearly MOT equivalent, notoriously picky, I'm currently shiteing bricks over my merc's sills and rear subframe mounts, Tüv due in September) and can be driven on the road. Herman however prefers to use it when he's cutting the drives for the organised deer shoots he runs on his land! 20140705_152322.jpg 20140705_152311.jpg

Rained off this morning at half 9, worked from 7 till 9 and got absolutely soaked, but on returning to the yard, found my colleague had parked his Simson moped mext to where I park the works van (2011 sprinter flatbed, shite, but puts up with lots of abuse, 0.5m3 of concrete on the back and the other half metre in a trailer etc...). A bit "scene" with matt black paint and a couple of shit stickers, but goes like a bee in a biscuit tin. He also has a Trabant 601 kombi, with a truely dire drippy home paintjob, when the weather is better will try and get a pic. 20140708_092356.jpg

Also on the bit of ground which serves as a car park for the firm I'm working for, spotted this escrote, with old style w i d e s p a c e d numberplate, my old man had a similar model in the UK on a J plate, 1.4 seem to remember it was pretty gutless and unremarkable.

Probably not a lot. His missus is horsey, therefore they're skint. I believe it has been restored and he said it was a runner, next time I go there I'll ask. Might be this week might be next, he's putting on some kind of dressage event early August so I have been blockpaving and tarting about in diggers and loading shovels to clear the tat and make his yard look half respectable.

Changed diff oil on my merc today, stinky and gloopy, and also the rubber bushes between gear lever and gearbox. Happy chappy, simple things and simple minds and all that.

• 3 weeks later...

A few more from out and about

Big audi estate driven by big fat bloke. He works for Debex, an independent postal carrier rival to the German national service Deutsche Post. Must be something about these Debex chaps, I've seen another Debex delivery man driving a ratty green VW polo fox with mismatched steel wheels, must get a pic....

20140719_205451.jpg

Old VW pisswet on the outskirts of Berlin

20140708_115150.jpg

Peugeot 205 with the clap. Looked very original with dealer stickers and number plate frame.

20140708_110552.jpg

• 1 month later...

20140906_123252.jpg

URL=http://s603.photobucket.com/user/oioisonnyboy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140906_123241.jpg.html]20140906_123241.jpg[/url]

Granada hearse advertising an undertakers in Berlin. The H on the number plate means its an "oldtimer" over 30 years old and registered as a classic vehicle, cheaper tax, less strict emissions test at MOT/TÃœV time and cheaper insurance. To get a H numberplate however the condition of the vehicle must be good to very good, and only period accessories e.g. original pushbutton radio, original wheeltrims/alloys and everything well kept and looked after.

Some more supermarket shite. Be honest, when did you last see one of these in the flesh? Used to be loads about when I was a kid, mostly in this red, now very thin on the ground.

20140913_135843.jpg

URL=http://s603.photobucket.com/user/oioisonnyboy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140913_135834.jpg.html]20140913_135834.jpg[/url]

1.2 special edition with catalytic convertor. Original wheel trims too!