Datsun Cherry crash

ajcherry

Given that the accident's not your fault, you should not suffer any loss at all. The other party's insurance should cover repair to pre-accident condition, irrespective of the value of your car. "Beyond economic repair" in this case applies only to the Honda...

A vinyl roof however hides a multitude of sins. :lol:

That's a damn good idea - and would presumably have been a period feature. Definitely worth a look-in if you can't get the roof absolutely spot-on, or the insurance company try to write it off...

wuvvum presumably managed to satisfactorily sort out the roof on his 323?!

Nope, I bought it off him instead! But yes, it will be straightened at some point...
Oh, I knew it had gone to a new home but I assumed it had been straightened out prior to that. Good luck with that, I like the MkI 323s & that is (was) a good one! 8)

• 2 months later...
Blimey! Glad you escaped okay - sorry to see the poor car has suffered though.

Did the presence of Ricky Gervais lighten the mood at all?

No but he made a good cup of tea.This guy was the garage owner who was going to put a new stainless steel exhaust on the car which obviously never happened.

The car was a category B write off therefore unable to return to the road although the insurance company did allow me to retain the salvage so i broke the car for spares which i have kept because i hope to have another E10 Cherry again in the future.

Posted Image

It used to be a "points system" for major components which would decide if the car should have a Q plate or not...wouldn't think there was an issue in replacing a shell provided it was OK for MOT purposes. Might need a VIC check as the shell has come from a Cat B writeoff though.