Joe's breaking thread (R8 214, V850, 205, Escrot, Justy)

KruJoe

On the rover, is the bonnet, front bumper, bar grille and head lamp trims available?

I want then for a rover based project that I don't even have the base car for yet, but I decided that if I start buying parts then I won't end up buying something ridiculous in the mean time.

Of course I am about as far away as it is possible to be, do would you be able to keep hold of them until I:

A. Am at the same show as you, possibly shitefest if your going.

B. find someone who may be able to move the parts a bit closer to Devon.

C. Arrange a courier.

On the rover, is the bonnet, front bumper, bar grille and head lamp trims available?

I want then for a rover based project that I don't even have the base car for yet, but I decided that if I start buying parts then I won't end up buying something ridiculous in the mean time.

Of course I am about as far away as it is possible to be, do would you be able to keep hold of them until I:

C. Arrange a courier.

Right folks, I think I'll take these one at a time, otherwise it might take me all night, like an 'Oriental Offerings' post does!

Blimey... Quite a selection of 205s there! Wheel-wise, 1.9s Speedlines are a curved ball, thanks ;) . No idea what to offer without insulting, but £100 for a set of the 1.9 Speedlines with the studs as well, collected by me (I'll bring the MG1600 for you to have a mooch around)? *awaits breaking of kneecaps*

The 205's are the domain of 'Our Kid' really. Now he is down to just the grey XT and a shitload of bits, the line-up of five was at his peak. There were at least two others I can remember, a white XS and a blue TD MardiGras. He got through the whole lot in his short driving career of about two years! Not one survives.

Whats the crack with the K-reg 205 XT? Looks quite decent in that pic.
Several large and vital components exited through the front of the block. That was the last straw, and he gave the whole game up as a bad job. So this car was parked up with a fairly fresh MoT on it - he should have stuck it on the 'bay there and then.

Anyway - enough waffle.

This is the only set of 15 inch 205 wheels we have now, as described earlier. (The black is dust.)

P1080710.jpg

I spoke to him this afternoon, and he'd be happy with your offer if you are, after seeing the pictures.

P1080707.jpg

There are five, with an assortment of good-ish tyres (I'm sure we'll have another to fit that spare rim). IMHO they want rubbing down and painting silver or gunmetal again.

P1080711.jpg

I've not yet counted wheel bolts (205s run bolts, not studs'n'nuts), but I'm sure we can find you 16.

MOAR Pug wheels:

Stacks of standard 13 inch steels with tyres.

P1080705.jpg

14 inch pepperpots (made by Speedline, too) five of, tyres u/s.

P1080714.jpg

Some curbing, scabbiness, one a bit bent!

P1080702.jpg

205 STDT / 405 alloys, 14 inch, four bare rims, some in primer, condition: good, no centre caps natch.

P1080699.jpg

And if there is a n/s/r door on one of those 205s, that would be useful in the long term :) . Let me know...

They have ALL been three door 205s, so no back doors. Sorry. Lots of long front doors available!

Oh, and we have plenty of 205 mirrors if you still want them.

More replies coming...

Right folks, I think I'll take these one at a time, otherwise it might take me all night, like an 'Oriental Offerings' post does!

Blimey... Quite a selection of 205s there! Wheel-wise, 1.9s Speedlines are a curved ball, thanks ;) . No idea what to offer without insulting, but £100 for a set of the 1.9 Speedlines with the studs as well, collected by me (I'll bring the MG1600 for you to have a mooch around)? *awaits breaking of kneecaps*

The 205's are the domain of 'Our Kid' really. Now he is down to just the grey XT and a shitload of bits, the line-up of five was at his peak. There were at least two others I can remember, a white XS and a blue TD MardiGras. He got through the whole lot in his short driving career of about two years! Not one survives.

Whats the crack with the K-reg 205 XT? Looks quite decent in that pic.
Several large and vital components exited through the front of the block. That was the last straw, and he gave the whole game up as a bad job. So this car was parked up with a fairly fresh MoT on it - he should have stuck it on the 'bay there and then.

Anyway - enough waffle.

This is the only set of 15 inch 205 wheels we have now, as described earlier. (The black is dust.)

P1080710.jpg

I spoke to him this afternoon, and he'd be happy with your offer if you are, after seeing the pictures.

P1080707.jpg

There are five, with an assortment of good-ish tyres (I'm sure we'll have another to fit that spare rim). IMHO they want rubbing down and painting silver or gunmetal again.

P1080711.jpg

I've not yet counted wheel bolts (205s run bolts, not studs'n'nuts), but I'm sure we can find you 16.

MOAR Pug wheels:

Stacks of standard 13 inch steels with tyres.

P1080705.jpg

14 inch pepperpots (made by Speedline, too) five of, tyres u/s.

P1080714.jpg

Some curbing, scabbiness, one a bit bent!

P1080702.jpg

205 STDT / 405 alloys, 14 inch, four bare rims, some in primer, condition: good, no centre caps natch.

P1080699.jpg

And if there is a n/s/r door on one of those 205s, that would be useful in the long term :) . Let me know...

They have ALL been three door 205s, so no back doors. Sorry. Lots of long front doors available!

Oh, and we have plenty of 205 mirrors if you still want them.

More replies coming...

I would be interested in the N/S rear rubbing strip trim (the short bit that's on the wheelarch) from the Rover...

I thought I still had that, but when I went up to the field...

P1290866.jpg

The sheep must have rubbed it off. After a good rummage in the grass...

P1290868.jpg

Bingo!

P1290869.jpg

The rubbery crap has peeled off, and the pins are straight under the knackered grommets...

P1290912.jpg

...so it's in good condition.

Also, is it Nordic blue? and is the O/S wing any good? (and postable?)

Have a look at this post to see what happened to the front wing:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11249&start=60#p363293

I was going to use the O/S one because the shape was better, but it was much more crusty.

The Rover's front wings, this afternoon:

P1290863.jpg

(Sincere apologies - no white moccasins today.)

So just that bit of plastic this time Barry? I'll let you know what it costs to post after I've been into town (Tues/Thurs.) Would you send me your address again please? I've had to clear out my old PMs. Ta.

I would be interested in the N/S rear rubbing strip trim (the short bit that's on the wheelarch) from the Rover...

I thought I still had that, but when I went up to the field...

P1290866.jpg

The sheep must have rubbed it off. After a good rummage in the grass...

P1290868.jpg

Bingo!

P1290869.jpg

The rubbery crap has peeled off, and the pins are straight under the knackered grommets...

P1290912.jpg

...so it's in good condition.

Also, is it Nordic blue? and is the O/S wing any good? (and postable?)

Have a look at this post to see what happened to the front wing:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11249&start=60#p363293

I was going to use the O/S one because the shape was better, but it was much more crusty.

The Rover's front wings, this afternoon:

P1290863.jpg

(Sincere apologies - no white moccasins today.)

So just that bit of plastic this time Barry? I'll let you know what it costs to post after I've been into town (Tues/Thurs.) Would you send me your address again please? I've had to clear out my old PMs. Ta.

So is that XT complete and reasonable apart from a blown up engine?

Yes Mr.B. (It has the TU3 as in my BX and AXs etc, but with hotter cam and twin barrel carb I think.) My brother might have transplanted it from an XS. A fresh lump and a bit of tinkering would see it on the road again. It has been used as a shed for about a year.

He did a poor 'repair' to the nsr...

P1290859.jpg

...needs the ns door sorting (we probably have a good one)...

P1290860.jpg

...and the front end is half an inch too short, hence the bonnet pins to hold it down.

P1290858.jpg

We do have another good bonnet or two in primer, the sought after OMG AUTOMATIC POWER BULGE edition.

P1290910.jpg

(Autos have taller bonnets because the gearbox caused the engine to sit a tad higher.)

Edit: Perhaps this one's best feature is the brown velour GTi style interior!

How much would you be looking for, for the complete ignition system - (wiring harness with absolute everything, including distrubutor) ... so i can graft it onto my G13B engine, as it has nothing. Thanks Sénor !

Hi Mark, I'm quite sure I have everything you need...

P1290876.jpg

Many ancillaries were disconnected (properly, not hacked) ready for engine removal.

P1290877.jpg

What you can't see will be inside the car.

P1290879.jpg

Pictures from today. Everything has been kept fairly dry for the years since it last ran.

P1290880.jpg

Keys present, as is the toggle thing for the immobiliser.

P1290885.jpg

As for price, I really don't know, How about £20 for all you can carry? Or make me a bid... I think it's probably best if you take a trip up and fill your boots, there are so many little bits, and I don't know how much wiring you'll need. You'd get here in about 90 minutes.

Waddaya reckon?

So is that XT complete and reasonable apart from a blown up engine?

Yes Mr.B. (It has the TU3 as in my BX and AXs etc, but with hotter cam and twin barrel carb I think.) My brother might have transplanted it from an XS. A fresh lump and a bit of tinkering would see it on the road again. It has been used as a shed for about a year.

He did a poor 'repair' to the nsr...

P1290859.jpg

...needs the ns door sorting (we probably have a good one)...

P1290860.jpg

...and the front end is half an inch too short, hence the bonnet pins to hold it down.

P1290858.jpg

We do have another good bonnet or two in primer, the sought after OMG AUTOMATIC POWER BULGE edition.

P1290910.jpg

(Autos have taller bonnets because the gearbox caused the engine to sit a tad higher.)

Edit: Perhaps this one's best feature is the brown velour GTi style interior!

How much would you be looking for, for the complete ignition system - (wiring harness with absolute everything, including distrubutor) ... so i can graft it onto my G13B engine, as it has nothing. Thanks Sénor !

Hi Mark, I'm quite sure I have everything you need...

P1290876.jpg

Many ancillaries were disconnected (properly, not hacked) ready for engine removal.

P1290877.jpg

What you can't see will be inside the car.

P1290879.jpg

Pictures from today. Everything has been kept fairly dry for the years since it last ran.

P1290880.jpg

Keys present, as is the toggle thing for the immobiliser.

P1290885.jpg

As for price, I really don't know, How about £20 for all you can carry? Or make me a bid... I think it's probably best if you take a trip up and fill your boots, there are so many little bits, and I don't know how much wiring you'll need. You'd get here in about 90 minutes.

Waddaya reckon?

That's fine Mark, it's not going anywhere, don't worry!

I think 205s have the same interior light as 604s ? Big rectangular thing, rock it one way for off, other way for on, automatic in the middle.

I could do with a couple.

P1290917.jpg

Here is the one in the XT, I can't see any others just now. This is the only 205 shell left now, but maybe there will be other lights about the place.

But it doesn't look big, maybe less than three inches long, three quarters wide at a guess (forgot to measure it). It does rock as you describe...

However, if Mr_B or anyone is interested in the whole car...

That's fine Mark, it's not going anywhere, don't worry!

I think 205s have the same interior light as 604s ? Big rectangular thing, rock it one way for off, other way for on, automatic in the middle.

I could do with a couple.

P1290917.jpg

Here is the one in the XT, I can't see any others just now. This is the only 205 shell left now, but maybe there will be other lights about the place.

But it doesn't look big, maybe less than three inches long, three quarters wide at a guess (forgot to measure it). It does rock as you describe...

However, if Mr_B or anyone is interested in the whole car...

I want then for a rover based project...

"Rover based project" sounds intriguing!

Bonnet:

P1290921.jpg

'Good condition for its age'

P1290875.jpg

Small patch of lacquer peel near the off side edge.

P1290874.jpg

No dents, very minor rust on the leading edge.

Bumper: less impressive.

P1290920.jpg

Small dent (would press out with some hot air on the inside):

P1290918.jpg

Most of the scratches are superficial rather than gouges, this is the deepest:

P1290919.jpg

Verdict: Not a show winner but it would go again, and could be made to look 90% better after some loving and nut oil.

Bar grille:

P1290929.jpg

Good condition, the marks are muddy paw prints.

Headlamp trims:

P1290926.jpg

This plastic strip under the light?

I sent one to Craig, (or was it MattBlack?) last year.

P1290931.jpg

This near side one is in good condition, the scratches are probably more like paint rubbed off something else.

£prices?

Make me an offer in the thread for which ever bits you need, and they have your name on.

C. Arrange a courier.

I'm unsure about Shitefest, may have work commitments. But I can hold on to whatever you want until we find a way south.

Cheers!

I want then for a rover based project...

"Rover based project" sounds intriguing!

Bonnet:

P1290921.jpg

'Good condition for its age'

P1290875.jpg

Small patch of lacquer peel near the off side edge.

P1290874.jpg

No dents, very minor rust on the leading edge.

Bumper: less impressive.

P1290920.jpg

Small dent (would press out with some hot air on the inside):

P1290918.jpg

Most of the scratches are superficial rather than gouges, this is the deepest:

P1290919.jpg

Verdict: Not a show winner but it would go again, and could be made to look 90% better after some loving and nut oil.

Bar grille:

P1290929.jpg

Good condition, the marks are muddy paw prints.

Headlamp trims:

P1290926.jpg

This plastic strip under the light?

I sent one to Craig, (or was it MattBlack?) last year.

P1290931.jpg

This near side one is in good condition, the scratches are probably more like paint rubbed off something else.

£prices?

Make me an offer in the thread for which ever bits you need, and they have your name on.

C. Arrange a courier.

I'm unsure about Shitefest, may have work commitments. But I can hold on to whatever you want until we find a way south.

Cheers!

Yes Mr.B. (It has the TU3 as in my BX and AXs etc, but with hotter cam and twin barrel carb I think.) My brother might have transplanted it from an XS. A fresh lump and a bit of tinkering would see it on the road again. It has been used as a shed for about a year

The engine is standard, swapped it from my 48000mile 205 XS, and ran it for a couple months before it blew. It has a standard cam, just bigger jets in the standard single barrel carb.

Hope this helps.

Yes Mr.B. (It has the TU3 as in my BX and AXs etc, but with hotter cam and twin barrel carb I think.) My brother might have transplanted it from an XS. A fresh lump and a bit of tinkering would see it on the road again. It has been used as a shed for about a year

The engine is standard, swapped it from my 48000mile 205 XS, and ran it for a couple months before it blew. It has a standard cam, just bigger jets in the standard single barrel carb.

Hope this helps.

To be fair Will, for those two months it was on or above the red line almost constantly :D

When I bought my BX, someone told me that the 205 XS has a warmer cam as standard, and has been used in the past to make the BX14 a bit perkier.

Anyone fancy taking on this 205?

If not, I'll pull that lamp out for DNJ. Thanks Pete for the info btw.

To be fair Will, for those two months it was on or above the red line almost constantly :D

When I bought my BX, someone told me that the 205 XS has a warmer cam as standard, and has been used in the past to make the BX14 a bit perkier.

Anyone fancy taking on this 205?

If not, I'll pull that lamp out for DNJ. Thanks Pete for the info btw.

Everything that is pictured is exactly what I need, so that's bonnet, grill, bumper and the headlamp trims. I think the headlamps themselves are the same between the pre and post facelift models. The condition of the condition of the bumper is not massively important, as making a 400 tourer look pre-facelift is just the first stage in some extensive mods I have planned.

Don't worry though, it is going to be in the Autoshite spirit, it's not going to be omfg rat look, fibreglass minge mobile or jdm.

There will be a large quantity of beige and Formica.

Going in low with a cheeky offer of £30