!983 Ford Sierra 1.6GL £995

Father Ted

One of my work colleagues is offering up this for sale. Getting useful information off her has been like getting blood out of a stone - so things like How many owners has it had? Have been answered by "I dunno, but its really good and it runs well".

Anyway, here are some pictures, PM me for her phone number if you want to talk turkey with her. Someone (NOT ME) has told her its worth about £2000.

When I stopped laughing.....

Anyway:-

For Sale:

89e4a9b6.jpg

f5229c94.jpg

1983 Ford Sierra 1.6 GL 4 door Hatch.

Willow Green Metallic Paint.

£995

8ad33b7e.jpg

33,000 miles believed first time round the clock.

4af256ab.jpg

MOT until June 2012

Road Tax December 2011

dffd062d.jpg

Service History and book pack

Some previous MOT certificates

Used daily, and runs exceptionally well starting first time with no blue smoke.

Original brown interior, which has been kept clean with seat covers – brown velour trim.

Original Ford MW/LW radio

998b214f.jpg

Body shell very rust free, with only a few small areas of surface rust noted.

Old chap type repair to the front NS bumper corner.

9ca8cf93.jpg

When the Sierra launched in October 1982 the styling placed critics firmly into two camps – those that loved the new aerodynamic style and those that hated the jelly mould design. Based on the successful Cortina running gear the Sierra boasted many new innovations and was consistently the best selling car in its sector for many years, winning the hearts of the repmobile brigade.

89f39791.jpg

64604975.jpg

959bbd23.jpg

9fcb219c.jpg

Here is your chance to own an appreciating classic. With a little work this car could be turned into a show winner, or break away from the rat race and buy a car that stands out in the car park filled with bland-mobiles.

So put your hand in your pocket, tune into Test match Special and hang your jacket on the coat hook in the back….

Any questions or to arrange a viewing Call Me on:

Amended title to GL- I are a numpty.

Road tax is actually Jan 31st 2012.

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for URG 432Y are:

Date of Liability 01 02 2012

Date of First Registration 24 03 1983

Year of Manufacture 1983

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1593CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour GREEN

Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £118.25

12 Months Rate £215.00

just needs some aero wheel trimz.

Totally! Those trims spoil it some what, some proper trims and a engine bay clean up would do wonders for it abd net you a decent bit of coin as well.

Doesn't anyone else think these still seem quite new even if they are nearly 30 years old? If i go to a show and see.say a A reg Chevette i think of them as being a bit of a classic but if i see a Y reg Sierra i think they look out of place, i quess it might be because of the plastic bumpers.

Crystal Green. My trademark colour. Is this a WFO prefix chassis number? I would expect so, as the SFA's will have all dissolved by now. Unless I'm proven wrong. I would kill for this.... And my Wife would probably let me. I had a 1.6L Estate on danglies, a 2.0 Ghia Estate, and a 2.3 Ghia Hatch all at the same time, all on Y plates, and the neighbours hated me. I had 3 of the 4 that colour in Lincoln. The remaining Estate had a 2.9 12V 2WD transplant..... it went rather well. Best of luck to your friend. Seriously. Dear Santa. Are you listening tonight?

Does it come with a PU51 RUB numberplate?

I was dismayed- she KNEW I was going to photograph it today and frankly the car was a bit of a shit tip. This was the state of play with the boot:-

8ebb417c.jpg

b879d70a.jpg

Oh the car is located in Leyland near Preston (Lancs) for those wanting a National Express coach journey from down south - I cant promise apple crumble though.

Is it me or does the numberplate read U R GAY?

Is it me, or does it have the star of David on the airbox?

A truly special old Ford from my favourite 82/83 MY.

I knew it! They were built by homosexual Semites trying to take over the world :shock:

............starting from dagenham

Man and shite in perfect harmony. And very, very lovely. What a great car these early Sierras were. I went to the NEC in late 1982 when these were launched - 29 years ago.

It is indeed Crystal green, complete with all the ostentatious GL extras such as the chrome plastic trims around the windows, Chelsea cloth, halogen headlights and a full array of OMG warning lights.

"But Sierra is more than just another efficient family saloon. It's a dynamically engineered drivers car - taut, beautifully balanced and instantly responsive".

So there.

I spy your Micra in carpark, is it a Micra 'Profile' ? I can tell by the side strips. Sad or what.

Absolutely right - its a 1999 Giffer spec Profile with sheepskin rug and scatter cushions on the back seat and Ripspeed DVD player in the dash as its only conscessions to anything approaching luxury.

Perhaps if I keep it a thousand years it might be considered shitetastic rather than just shit.

"But Sierra is more than just another efficient family saloon."

Who wrote that?!?!?!? Even a Marketing Executive couldn't be THAT stupid. The Sierra can't have been "more than just another family saloon", because it's not a fucking saloon!

FoMoCo! 1983 Ford all model catalogue.

The bit about a 20 stage corrosion protection is even more LOL. Should have had a '*Not UK built Sierras' clause

"Outwardly, Sierra engines look similar to the Cortina engines from which they were developed". Er............there's a reason for that............

"Sierra petrol engines have breakerless electronic ignition. This is set by microwave* before it leaves the factory"

*Along with Dave's Pot Noodle

Quality. I do believe the GL also got the 'high spec' 2-spoke steering wheel (narrower spokes and a horn push?) and, of course, lost the dangly mirrors (presumably they got remote control?). Crying out for the proper trims, this one. Or a set of dartboards...

RoadworkUK - you're a bloody legend for remembering the Business Pack. L spec, 2-litre engine, 185 tyres and uprated rear suspension, IIRC. Never, ever seen one in the wild. I'm sure a mate of mine at University bought an ex-fleet base 1.6CFI Sierra (92K) in 1996 that he reckoned had been spec'd with uprated rear suspension, not sure if that was bollocks or not.

RoadworkUK - you're a bloody legend for remembering the Business Pack. L spec, 2-litre engine, 185 tyres and uprated rear suspension, IIRC. Never, ever seen one in the wild. I'm sure a mate of mine at University bought an ex-fleet base 1.6CFI Sierra (92K) in 1996 that he reckoned had been spec'd with uprated rear suspension, not sure if that was bollocks or not.

'I bought it cheap from the British Telecom auction in Basingstoke. Its got a sales rep motor, sales rep shocks, sales rep tyres and was made before Ford did 6 digit mileage recorders so it will be a new car in 8,000 miles time. Now is it the new Welfare studentmobile or what?'