Recent spots - (no pictures)

MrRegieRitmo

These were all moving (and so was I ) so unfortunately I've got nothing to show for them. They were good enough to be worth a mention though.In the space of 30 seconds an A reg Alfetta saloon (in red obviously) passed me in the opposite direction right by where I live followed by an absolutely mint MkII Capri S reg in yellow a few cars later! 8) On the A27 I overtook a dark green S reg Datsun 120Y coupe being driven by the bloke who probably bought it in 1978! 8) On the base where I work was a UK registered Dacia Logan! I forgot to check if it was rhd or lhd. Are they available in rhd?Almost everyday to work I pass a black T reg MGBGT going in the opposite direction and a red & white 2CV usually around the same point. Think it's B reg & looks to have yellow headlights & a green canvas roof. Today the MG & the 2CV were only 3 cars apart! Sure there were other things, but I've forgotten. If they come to me I'll update this.

Reg man, you oughta get a little digicam or a camera phone for this kind of stuff!!! Spots without photos dont really cut it i'm afraid, for me anyway.I have a load of spot pics trapped in my phone, can only get them out at the weekends though as my works PC hasnt got the software on to extract em!

Great thread Rich, I could tell you that I saw a Lonsdale estate, a chrome bumper Hyundai Pony and a Seat Malaga hatchback on the roads this morning but nobody would know whether I'm lying or not :lol:I do intend to look into some sort of car mounted CCTV though, I'd love to rig up a couple of camera lenses and plumb in trigger switches, with the possibility of a telly screen somewhere on the dash. For pure comic effect I could re-wire the horn circuit so when some photo-worthy tat is clocked, I just hit the steering wheel and ... gotcha. hey presto, 100% legal shite-spotting on the move. Failing that I guess one could videotape each journey and freezeframe out the interesting stuff later.

Great thread Rich, I could tell you that I saw a Lonsdale estate, a chrome bumper Hyundai Pony and a Seat Malaga hatchback on the roads this morning but nobody would know whether I'm lying or not :lol:

Hey at least mine were believable! :PNot all of mine were on the same day, that would have been too good.

I do intend to look into some sort of car mounted CCTV

You could get Police Sheriff John Bunnell to add a commentary...

"...the dash-mounted camera in this Police cruiser captures all the action as these car thieves careen out of control across...HEY! Opposite carriageway - Talbot Tagora !!!! "

Posted Image

you could easy just find a picture of the car you spotted on google, photo-shop the reg plates to show the right number, mirror it to give right hand drive, and cut it out and place on a new, obviously-UK background (like rayman boy and his Chrysler pics for example), none of us would be any the wiser. If you spot a load of VW 1500 avengers, Paykan Hunters, Chinese-built Itals and so on in the course of a week we will start to get suspicious though and dont forget that the DVLA reg check will quickly rumble any fake spotz.

Ah now that's not a bad idea, I was intending to finish off my Leicestershite thread with pics of identical cars to "the ones that got away", but I couldn't be arsed. As a taster of what might have been, imagine that the plate on this one reads K821SAY:

Posted Image

EDIT. DVLA online thing doesn't have Yugo as a make! Zastava Sana it is, then...

Others missed were a silver Samba reg C-LJU I think, a late model mk2 Esc four door with £9.99 Halfords Power Trimz covering the no doubt rusty steel wheels which was a car that had the "one Doris from new" air about it, a red UK market J-reg Toyota Corolla 5-door non-liftback (same shape as the 3-door launched in '87) and myriad pre 89 Fiestas all of which I was hoping to photograph/own. I also failed to go back and snap various parked stuff in driveways, but thats cos I'm lazy.

The other morning I chanced upon a Golf G444KAK coming the other way.Try it on DVLA. I ain't kidding..............It's the plate that does it for me, it was a sort of goldy/sick/urine colour.......top stuff mind.Turns out its a diesel too...............there's a nice surprise. I might try to buy this one if I see where it lives. Got to be worth 300 sheets.

Minus camera, I spotted a couple of good'uns myself today....Including a brown, T-Reg, Citroen GS estate! 8) Posh camera is choosing not to work just at the mo, but I'll try and remember to keep the cheapie camera to hand for the rest of my holiday (including a few days down in Bournemouth), in the hope of finding something worth snapping, and maybe reviving my now extinct spotting thread! :roll:

Saw a freakin' STUNNING gold Volvo 164, on the move, just outside Stalham, Norfolk this afternoon....And a white Triumph 2.5S at Sea Palling beach....Guess where the camera was? :roll:

Wow Mr.Regie, You have a good memory! :D I don't see the harm....Surely (and especially with no pictures? :? ) a thread such as this is no more detrimental to the remaining bandwidth than any other? I'm ready to be corrected on this....As with any thread, anyone with no interest in the subject matter is under no obligation to view it, or indeed comment.

Wow Mr.Regie, You have a good memory! :D

Well actually I'm a fraud :oops: I happened to be browsing the forum index earlier today & decided to click on the little link for 'view all unanswered posts' and 2 pages of them presented themselves to me. Then when looking on the board tonight I was reminded by this thread of some of the other threads I saw with no pictures. It means there must probably be a host of other threads about spots minus pictures that have received at least one reply so don't feature in the 'unanswered' list.

I don't post most of my spots because I don't get photos, fact is that I see most cool cars when I'm driving around and I can't really whip out a camera!I go walking round the city a lot whilst I'm out to get sarnies etc. but there's so little of interest that I don't bother keeping a camera handy.However, if that Subaru 1800 GL turns up again.....

On the base where I work was a UK registered Dacia Logan! I forgot to check if it was rhd or lhd. Are they available in rhd?

This car is a 56 plate LHD Dacia Logan.Best spots this morning - a still working A reg Volvo FL7 tipper on the A27!A Citroen C6 heading on the opposite carriageway.An F reg Daihatsu Fourtrak pickup with exhaust stack.

:shock:

I'd have been forced to wap my wurst out and perform some kind of demented auto bukkake-fest right there, rather than snapping a pic.

"LMFAO", as they say.That is up with the best of your writing, Mr Pog.I'll write that down. Respect.