Beige.

Pete-M

Nice one Skizzer :)

I haven't seen a Fiat 1300/1500 on the road since my Dad's one turned to cobwebs in the rain back in the early seventies. His was a millecinquecento (the badge took up most of the width of the dashboard). Column change, sporty engine and tuned exhaust on his. I seem to remember, even as an early teenager, being surprised that the rear drums were cast aluminium alloy, presumably with a steel insert.

Can I sneak this in? Honorary like....

b5pqts.jpg

No, you can't. It's new, it's pig-ugly, and however shit it might be (name any level beyond "fuck me, never again!" and I'll believe you) it'll never qualify as shite. Have an autotesting Rolls Royce instead!

100_1825-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry chaps and chapettes, unfashionably late of me I know, but here's my big slab of British beige.

20120217-05.jpg

20120217-06.jpg

And some other dross I found lying about the place (read: internet).

m09ThJHx.jpg

796493795046_2.jpg

car5.jpg

4222949042_7e7b659501.jpg

bc03fa47244ba53e74773379db70a372.JPG

cars-under-500-7186803208427105080.jpg

6680210969_69dd6b3941_z.jpg

5863098344_57845a6819_z.jpg

800px-126p_beige_jaslo.jpg

403723789e959e52a6160146905af4ce.image.750x427.jpg

beige-2.jpg

I don't think I even like beige, and yet that seems to be what makes it so appealing.

Am I the only person to change the colour of a car to beige?

This was metallic blue prior to the restoration:

IMG00007-20110614-1819.jpg

That is so hideous,it is in fact beautiful !! It reminds me of the kitted up Yugo 45's that used to be out and about many many years ago,long before the days of the little cockroach on wheels that is the Citroen Saxo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I saw one of these new KIA Picanto's in Asda car park in beige the other day.

kia_picanto_1_25_84bhp_halo_hatchback_3d_auto_94822389359361101.jpg

Crikey O'Blimey! Seems quite amazing that a car could go through design to type approval, production and marketing, and then pass through a dealers forecourt and onto some old biffo's driveway without anyone actually looking at it. Sounds like a bit of a stretch, but there's no other explanation for that thing being on the road.

• 1 month later...

My car was originally beige and the previous owner was too cheap to respray the engine bay. When I first opened the shining red bonnet to gaze at the beautiful Lancia (erm FIAT) engine I found it framed with beige paint...the automotive equivalent of lifting a skirt and finding a hairy bollock poking out the side of tight panties.

My car was originally beige and the previous owner was too cheap to respray the engine bay. When I first opened the shining red bonnet to gaze at the beautiful Lancia (erm FIAT) engine I found it framed with beige paint...the automotive equivalent of lifting a skirt and finding a hairy bollock poking out the side of tight panties.

Just spat my coffee over the work pc at the thought of that analogy! I'll just stick to lifting kilts now. At least then you know what to expect!

Just spat my coffee over the work pc at the thought of that analogy! I'll just stick to lifting kilts now. At least then you know what to expect!

• 2 years later...