The 205 Dizzler is for Sale

LimitedSlippedDisc

Helloes autoshiters, bit of a long-time lurker here, but perhaps the following is of some interest to someone?

Due to imminent arrival of a ‘new to me’ Psssssstsat (yey my first turbo), I reluctantly offer up for sale my trusty daily Pug 205 diesel.

It’s a 1993 Midnight Blue 5 door 205 GRD with loads of history.

I’m the second owner of the car (bought it 3 years ago). First owner was a retired policeman who was quite meticulous in keeping a record of the history of the car (something I’ve tried to continue).

I’ve still got the original bill of sale (the old gent traded in his Volvo 340DL 1.7!) and every tax disc and MOT certificate since new.

I’ve got a load of history that the previous owner collected plus I’ve got a receipt for everything I have had done to the car.

In the last 3 years it has had:

New water pump

New timing belt

New rear box

New track rod end

New tracking control arm x 2

New front tyres

New steel coolant pipe and rear housing

New battery

New down exhaust pipe

New handbrake cables

New wheel cylinder

New brake pipes

New drive shaft

New radiator

This is on top of regular oil / coolant / filter / brake services.

Right the ‘character’ bits first:

Interior is a little scruffy, missing cigarette tray, worn driver’s bolster, some scratches to trim.

Some rust to boot floor, but flies through MOT every time.

Creaky front suspension bush over speed bumps? I can’t find any other source of the noise and it went through MOT fine. Could be a creaky anti-roll bar instead – I’m not sure what it is, but spraying with grease seems to cure for 2 weeks.

Interior blower has noisy bearings.

Good bits:

Dark blue colour looks very smart, scrubs up well!

60mpg+ (I’ve never, EVER got less than 55mpg and I’ve had over 65mpg on a run up to Scotland) – I kept OCD-style records of the fuel consumption (or lack of it) during my first year of ownership!

No oil or water leaks and uses no oil or water.

Engine and gearbox are lovely.

It’s the most reliable car I’ve ever had. Everything that I have had to replace has let go with plenty of warning and it’s never let me down.

The car has done just over 116k (I bought it at 88k) and it’s my only car and I’ve had total faith in it. It’s done 450 mile jaunts to Scotland without breaking sweat – in short, the best all-round car I’ve owned.

MOT to Feb 2012, Tax to end of October.

Before anyone asks – it’s on the Lucas pump and I’ve never ran it on veggie oil.

£290 for a no fuss, no offers, straight-up quick sale to an autoshiter, including the remaining tax.

I’m about to start my first teaching job with 35 little terrors to manage, so I ain’t got time to put up with the “hey-mate-swap-4-astra-Ill-deffo-have-it-next-month†style nonsense that sticking it on the bay or in the local rag seems to generate.

Car is in Stone, Staffordshire, 10 minutes from M6 junctions 14/15.

Any queries or questions please ask. Would love to find a good home for it – it’s got plenty of frugal miles left in it yet!

Ta,

Steve

Only reason for selling is that I live in a small flat and I don't want to take the piss on the limited parking situation where I live. Local mechanic I know offered me a '97 dizzler Passat that will take the Veg in very good order at a price that was rude to refuse, hence needing to make space. You can fit loads of stuff in the back of the 205 with the seats folded out of the way - they were fantastically packaged making maximum use of available space (torsion bar setup at rear means little intrusion on boot aperture).

You're right Scooters on how nippy they are for a n/a, chassis is also absurd fun! Although I do think perhaps they feel slightly faster than they actually are; the torque curve is very linear - not all in one go like a turbo diesel.

• 2 weeks later...