Stuboy's spottings some exciting some not so....thank you for looking !!.

stuboy

^^^ There's one of those hideous little things across the road from me, all stickered up just like that one. :roll:

I thought 'fair enough, it'll be a slightly wanky Audi version of a Fiat 500/Ford Ka/Vauxhall Adam-type thing'.

Except when I went to have a play on the Audi Configurator, and I discovered you can very easily spend over £25k on one of these little 1400cc shopping trolleys without going mad with the options list. :shock:

Precisely why my eyes fell out of my head when WATANABE_MOTHER decided to spend 18k on hers. It isn't even quick. I mean, fuck me, the profit margins on them must be massive. Not that I begrudge VAG making money, if they can charge up to a 10 grand premium for what's essentially a five year old Polo and get people to pay it then fair play to them, but you don't get much for your money, do you?

Crumbs, that is the absolute spit of our old Cav. Same dismal colour, same trims, same spec. Even looks like the same nasty 'shows any dirt' pale cloth interior. Ours was a '92 J plate though. Was there even a model below an 'L' ? I can't think what it could've had less of, bar the sunroof. Still, the second car I ever drove and it felt fucking quick after the 1.2 Clio I was learning in (I've said that before haven't I?) so I have a certain amount of affection for them, even if they are pretty much grim in every way.

Was there even a model below an 'L' ?

There certainly was, there's a G plate base model on a driveway not far from here. Very solid looking, but it's been there years and is covered in algae. I managed to speak to the lady owner and thankfully she has no plans to scrap it. Must try and get a picture!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I have heard tales of a giant Bob Carolgees who likes to gorge on Morris Minors but not the roof,no he doesn't like the taste of a Morris roof and spits it out.

Looks like this mythical giant actually exists judging by the massive Spit the dog and decaying Minor roof.

It looks like an a 35 roof to me but i stand to be corrected.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, bumpers.

And the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Its registered as a 635 CSi and that bootlid badge just looks like a cobble together job. Even though I can find pictures of others just the same.

Still would though.

Yes, bumpers.

And the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Its registered as a 635 CSi and that bootlid badge just looks like a cobble together job. Even though I can find pictures of others just the same.

Still would though.

did wonder why there was yard between M ------------------------------------------------------------------------------6

The M635CSi had body-colour wheel arch extensions glued on.

[/anorak]

Nice car and a rare spot these days, but if you ask me (and I'm not sure you did) I'd still rather have it without the M-bling, genuine or otherwise.

• 1 month later...