Anyone want my Alfa?

wuvvum

I've posted this on here before, but due almost entirely to sheer laziness on my part I've still got it. For those who don't remember it's a 2-litre twin spark manual, standard spec with cloth interior, but even a standard 166 is quite generously equipped. Everything seems to work, including the aircon which is nice and cold (not that it's been needed this year). It had a new clutch not that long ago, at great expense, and it also has a private plate which is allegedly worth something.

It's been sat around doing bugger all for months as I've had other cars to use, although it's started and moved regularly as I have to move it out of the way of the garage when I want to extract the Renault 6, and I occasionally take it for a drive round the block to keep everything free. It's still MoT'd till around February next year, although there's no tax. Negatives are a small dent in the bootlid, a bit of a splutter on throttle from cold (probably due in part to standing around), the OSF wheel bearing is getting a bit whirry, and the rear locking wheelnuts are stuck (some plonker rattle-gunned them on so hard that I broke the key trying to get them off), but thankfully due to recent posts on here we all know how to remove a locking wheel nut so it shouldn't be an issue. Rear brakes were a bit grindy last time I drove it, but that's probably due to it being stood.

I want £500 for it as it is, which I think is quite cheap - apparently that's what the reg. was valued at, although I've never bothered to get a quote myself. I can probably deliver within a reasonable distance if need be. Only selling because I'm rapidly running out of space.

Here's a couple of pics.

PICT1161.jpg

PICT1164.jpg

PICT1135.jpg

Oh FFS why didn't you remind us of this a week or so earlier! I was on the lookout for something nice for a forthcoming trip to Cornwall and ended up buying a rather dog-eared A4 that I'm in the process of spending far too much money on in the vain attempt of ending up with something that will last a year or two of mingebag motoring.

Seriously that is one nice car and good luck with the sale but, im afraid, I'm out.

• 2 weeks later...

Missing the earlier train was possibly a blessing in disguise - I wasn't in any particluar hurry, and the delay on the later train meant I got to go for a stroll around Ely, which I wouldn't have done otherwise. Did you manage to get the taxation class changed OK using the green slip?