Shite Special Editions - many out there?

R9UKE

Don't forget the bewildering variety of Mini 'specials' during the 80s and early 90s. Thirty-year-old design not quirky enough for you? Here, have one with a pink roof. Don't worry, in another 20 years you can boast that you've got an original Racing Flame Job Jet Blue Quant edition, and sell it for £££££.

Useless phakt of the day: the Paul Smith editions (which did actually look nice) had actual gold in the bonnet badge. There was a brief but thriving trade in reproduction badges, as all the owners either had theirs nicked, or pulled them off before they could be.

3.jpg

I once owned a Chausseur, but it leaked and was mouldy in the boot, ruining the leather fitted saddlebags.

I swapped it for a Mercedes 350 SE in JRG, which she wouldn't drive because "People will think Idi Amin is visiting the pre-school" Wimmin! I got her a C reg VdP SD1, which she loved and sold the Mercedes to a young Pakistani lad. Quite how young , I found out a couple of months later when Plod visited asking questions. Turns out he was 15 and an aspiring drug dealer. Probably why he paid me in fivers.

Anyway no Granada Special Edition mention would be complete without ;

post-17414-0-87015200-1454258450_thumb.jpg

The Sapphire.

post-17414-0-72628200-1454258487_thumb.jpg

The Consort. My favourite , it was basically a 2.0( or 2.3) Ghia , but with steel wheels that were body coloured and strange black painted bumpers. Only ever seen one and it had acquired alloys at some point so no green wheels.

I don't ever recall seeing one of those Granada Consorts.

Seen a couple of Sapphire's, but very rare non the less.

In about 1992 my dad had a white T-reg Granada estate with a brown vinyl roof and silver stainless hubcaps, I have never seen another one the same.

My uncle Rob had one of these brand new, only kept it 2 years and chopped it in for a brand new Solara S2 LS in brown. He chopped in an S reg Opel Ascona for the Horizon Silver Fox, the Solara he only kept a year, and chopped it in for a Cherry Europe 5 door, my uncle Rob did have strange tastes in cars

d395dfcf97f3da12d1c265f802423386.jpg

Was there a run-out 360 Black Beauty too? I can remember there used to be a 5-door late 360 in black with red stripes, alloys, spoiler etc.

Polo Twist was a shit special edition from the late '90s/early 2000s. Mid-spec car with metallic paint and alloys. That was it, they were crap and the same as any other Polo otherwise. 

Likewise what was a Golf Match?

There's been no mention of the Ford Millennium Editions in this thread. Focus, Puma and Ka in a garish shade of yellow with a certain set of alloys.

And there was that garish pink Fiat Panda, what were they called?

Think I have an old Glass's Car Checkbook with a special edition guide page somewhere.

didnt ovlov do a "redline" which had er a red line down the side? :shock:

Yes and a blueline which had er a blue line down the side.

Redline

16923294048_6ae7aef9be.jpg

Blueline

DSC01649.jpg

In about 1994 a friend of mine who lived in the same village her father had the Blueline and I remember her telling me they did a Redline version aswell.  It was exactly the same spec and colour as the one above it was also an F reg.

• 3 months later...