Shite Special Editions - many out there?

R9UKE

OK so special editions are usually tarted up with free air con and CD Player, right?

I can think of quite a few which took it to another level. I'll start with this:

20080930nvwharlequin500blt_18720469.jpg

What were VW thinking when they made the Polo Harlequin? Anyone ever seen one on the UK market?

I remember one of those Polos in the showroom when I collected our new Seat Ibiza, the salesman was far from impressed at the prospect of trying to shift it on, I always wondered how difficult it would be to work out "whether it's had a bit of paint" years later when it came through the auctions.............. :roll:

The Polo Harlequin is a fantastic idea for shiters, as it allows you to raid scrapyards without worrying about the colour of the new panels. Unfortunately, most of the people who buy car loans would probably never think about buying anything off a scrapyard, so I can understand why it wasn't that successful.

What does the 'colour' field in registration document say?

Never caught sight of that, sounds like it would have been worth seeing :)

I wasn't sure as to whether or not the Harlequin was ever sold in the UK... obviously there's a few around. Can't imagine it would be too hard to convert any old Polo into one. They look so shit.

Panda Italia 90 is one of my favourite special editions.

fiat-panda-italia-90.jpg

I always liked the Panda 'Sergio Tacchini' but I can't find a decent picture of one.

The 126 'Brown' definitely qualifies.

EKgbYJQb.jpg

How about this though for a SOLID GOLD Shite Special Edition. Apparently, in 1979, Fiat Switzerland had a hand in this. A Fiat Ritmo 'Star Trek' edition :shock: I have no idea wether it was a proposal, or a one off, or whatever, but WOW!

Fiat_Ritmo_Startreck_CH_2.jpg

Fiat_Ritmo_Startreck_aff.jpg

http://aebergon.perso.neuf.fr/Fiat/page ... rek_CH.htm

198120lancia20beta20hif.jpg

Lancia Beta Coupe HIFI

Perfect sales effort combining a fleet of unsold Beta waiting in an English field up to their sills in water, a repaint, a wheel recolouring, a spoiler or two, a stripe or two, a 40W Goodmans stereo system and a nationwide publicity campaign stating the 40W proudly.

Tickford's best ever work.

The Cavalier Commander reminded me of my own pet hate, Cavalier Calibres with their miserable bodykits and inexplicably proud owners. However whilst looking for pics came across this which is news on me, the Calibre-wannabe Irmscher Wartburg! Some bad timing and lack of enthusiasm means they only made 2 prototypes apparently;

WARTBURG353IRMSCHER-2.JPG

WARTBURG353IRMSCHER.JPG