Finally sold: Renault Scenic and the Fray Bentos pie

jonny69

If simmo's PM comes to nothing, I have to get a volvo to FredTransit who I suspect is also in that there lundun. I'm prepared to drive it there, but have no way home so I'm thinking your scenic would be ideal (and probably nicer than the train).

See how it goes SoC. I couldn't find the MOT cert this morning to check but I think it's only got 2 weeks left on it now.

Have also had to SORN it now the insurance is up, so you'd have to stick it on your fleet insurance.

ah, If you sorned it I take it you surrendered the tax disk :( pesky new laws. Insurance wouldn't have been a problem, neither is short MoT.

• 2 months later...

This finally sold!

Got £245 on eBay; so that's what, £215 after fees. Bought by a scrapper so it went off to be cubed yesterday. The bloke that picked it up wasn't the buyer, he was doing the rounds picking up the cars and doing 10 a day. He's also paying over the odds for scrap cars apparently, so if you're in the south it's worth sticking it up on the bay as spares or repairs and $$$cash in folks :D

This finally sold!

Got £245 on eBay; so that's what, £215 after fees. Bought by a scrapper so it went off to be cubed yesterday. The bloke that picked it up wasn't the buyer, he was doing the rounds picking up the cars and doing 10 a day. He's also paying over the odds for scrap cars apparently, so if you're in the south it's worth sticking it up on the bay as spares or repairs and $$$cash in folks :D

Bugger. You could have weighed it in yourself!

• 9 years later...

@jonny69 Did you manage to get the Fray Bentos when you sold this? Just asking as a car has appeared on the shite cars for sale facebook page and the owner appears to be accepting pies for payment. 

The man who gave you the pie will be kicking himself there with the increase of pie value in recent years.  I share his pain when I think about the bitcoin I spent on drugs around the same time. 

Screenshot_20210429-074741_Facebook.thumb.jpg.74b33897225c105dcbdf62a9362616e6.jpg

14 hours ago, Wack said:

I bought this about a month ago but I've not summoned the courage to open it yet 

20210429_153212.thumb.jpg.d81d9f28b3944e19411baeee3ffc6155.jpg

What the actual fuck is that? A vegetarian Fray Bentos. Thats about as much use as a salad on your doner kebab. 

I've just looked it up and it actually contains MORE fat than the steak one:

Steak

Screenshot_20210430-062328_Opera.thumb.jpg.a5c6830dee3f042c15b3b80f68656213.jpg

Balti:

Screenshot_20210430-062356_Opera.thumb.jpg.865cbbfbd0e9da0e29dd9acb24f86310.jpg

The healthiest part of it is probably the tin, which incidentally is probably made of old Scenics. 

2 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

What the actual fuck is that? A vegetarian Fray Bentos. Thats about as much use as a salad on your doner kebab. 

I've just looked it up and it actually contains MORE fat than the steak one:

Steak

Screenshot_20210430-062328_Opera.thumb.jpg.a5c6830dee3f042c15b3b80f68656213.jpg

Balti:

Screenshot_20210430-062356_Opera.thumb.jpg.865cbbfbd0e9da0e29dd9acb24f86310.jpg

The healthiest part of it is probably the tin, which incidentally is probably made of old Scenics. 

It doesn't matter how healthy it is as it's never getting opened , I have absolutely no idea why I picked it up :D