Just agreed to buy........

Rocket88

Pics sent to Mr m'coli for hosting [i really must learn how to do this......] It's a left hooker sold new in France in '64, bought by present owner in '76. Apparently it's never seen rain, so it's in for a nasty shock! Going to St Malo to collect on Tuesday. It's on the Classic and Sportscar website, if you go into the Vauxhall section, and access the "vx" box [not vx4/90]

That's the one............after years of buying tatty old sheds and spending a fortune doing them up, I've decided to bite the bullet and buy something really nice. Only things that need doing are a new speedo, and a couple of very small dents in the chrome trim on the wing top. Last known left hooker on the planet, and there aren't many rhd ones left either........

Thanks for the kind words. Apparently, this also has a lsd, which was an extremely rare option. Weird stud pattern [5x5] which is a bit of a shame, because i fancied hunting down some period alloys for it. Carbs are two mahoosive Zeniths. These were a sales flop in their day, as they were considerably more expensive than the basic model, but the interiors are very plush. Cue ebay search for period accessories..........

Ah, of course the Gethin Jones car... he's kept that tip-top 8)

Not only was it featured in Classics Monthly, it could well be the very same car featured in a French 1960s film found on IMCDB, and Gethin agreed it probably is.

My 101 Estate had same seats and door cards ....oohh you've brought back memories there.

Stud pattern isn't too hard to match and cars like Imps ran that PCD. Ginetta G15 used Imp hubs - Cosmics from one of those went onto my 101. When it came to sell, a Riley One Point Five owner snapped them up.

Enjoy!

I haz famus car!

I hope you're going to add a couple of zeros to your ebay price when the time comes LOLERZ

That looks bloomin' tasty, very very nice in fact. If you want some decent pictures of it and I mean proper photos give me a shout.

I could rock up to some honez down the burger bar in that and be assured of scoring some quality clacker I can tell you, in fact that car is most unlike you Colin, whats happening to you man? where's the rust? I hope you'll be cracking open the Nitromors and applying it liberally for that OMG I CAN HAZ RAT LUK.

I don't think you'll get a bonnet bra for that though :lol:

I am surprised that no-one has bought this before I did [it's been advertised for some time] OK, it's a left hooker, and it would have involved a trip to France, but it is pretty much as new, and rare as rocking horse do-do. If this was an equivalent Ford [Mki Cortina GT?] it' would probably be three times what I paid for it............I really don't get it.