Turkish Delight - The Otosan Anadol

trigger

YUM! I love these... would love to own one at some point but I think there are only two over here, both very rough. This was designed by Reliant during their 'instant car company' phase... they also unsuccessfully sold the same design to a company in (iirc) South Africa where it was to be called the Anziel Nova - that one never got beyond a single prototype.

When you do get a moment to google them, look out for the AWESOME coupe version they did in the early 70s 8)

The highlights from the 1969 World Car Catalogue are:

1297cc, 55bhp (SAE) at 5200rpm, cast iron cylinder block and head, 3 crankshaft bearings, pushrods and rockers, 1 side mounted camshaft, 1 Solex B30 PSEI 2 downdraught carburettor.

4 speed all synchro gearbox, hydraulic clutch.

Chassis: integral, reinforced platform, front suspension with wishbones and coil springs, rear suspension has solid axle with semi elliptic leaf springs.

Steering: recirculating ball, 2 turns lock to lock :shock:

Brakes: front disc, 9.02" diameter, rear drums.

Wheelbase 101 inches, front track 52 inches, rear track 52 inches, overall length 172.5 inches, dry weight 853kg, body from GRP.

84mph, 16mph/1000rpm in top gear.

Go on nige....u know u want to! :twisted::twisted:

You won't get away with not telling the wife exactly where you are collecting from though!

When I first heard about the otosan analdol I did think that it was a sex toy made by a Japanese company that had been founded by a German called Otto.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm Turkish coincidentally found the topic and I liked your interest. Bem 1973 anadol brand vehicle I have restored recently I would like to share with you

After a quick spin through Google translate.

It looks fantastic, I love the colour

Harika görünüyor, rengi seviyorum

On 7/2/2019 at 10:01 PM, Burhan said:

Merhaba, ben türküm tesadüfen konuyu buldum ve ilgilenmeniz hoşuma gitti. Bem 1973 anadol marka araca sahibim yakın zamanda restore ettim sizlerle paylaşmak isterim. 

IMG-20190202-WA0033.jpg

IMG_20170221_171034_045.jpg

IMG-20170812-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20170812-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20170812-WA0000.jpg

Hoşgeldiniz! Güzel arabanızın fotoğraflarını paylaştığınız için teşekkür ederiz! Bu, Google Translate'i kullandığım kadar iyi okumadığı için özür dilerim! :-)

11 minutes ago, skoda_fan said:

I visited Turkey years ago and these things were everywhere. What wasn't an Anadol was a piece of 50s Americana in usually battered condition. Bet it's not like that there now.

Nope, its all European diesel saloons and some hatchbacks. What isn't a European diesel is a Turkish-built car like the Anadol. There are also quite a few Fords from the 80s and 90s.