Faecebook? (sic)

mk2_craig

I joined up that facebook thing a few weeks ago after considerable pressure. I think I get it now, its good to keep contact of people all in one place - ideal for those who like me, who lose diarys and tend to keep important information on old rizla papers and write info on the plastic frame of my computer screen. It is however utterly addictive, the morbid horror film type curiousity to find up what people are up to is too strong sometimes. Its really for young 'uns though, namely those born in the 80's. They've lived with the internet most of their lives, and would be lost without the bullshit of wikipedia or the random sadness 'I'm popular, me' of myspace.

Yup, it has indeed been asked before!! :lol: Her name's Mel, and she's a girl I used to know before I moved to Sheffield, who did a bit of modelling for Amateur photographers. The car in the pic is the R 25 I had before my current one- which is in my sig.

Yup, it has indeed been asked before!! :lol: Her name's Mel, and she's a girl I used to know before I moved to Sheffield, who did a bit of modelling for Amateur photographers. The car in the pic is the R 25 I had before my current one- which is in my sig.

Lucky bastard! Got her number?! :wink::lol:

Well here's a revelation; I'm a 'young 'un', I work in IT and I've never even been curious enough to visit My Space, Facebook or Bebo! :shock:I just don't see what the excitement is about ! :?:oops:

Ok ok, the curiosity has got the better of me - I've created an account :oops: :roll:Partly also because I seem to be the only one in my office at work who doesn't have an account, so being the youngest there - and not far off it here - I felt it was only prudent.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump!

Things are a touch quiet on here at the moment, so I've been playing around with my profile on this Facebook thingy - I can't believe how many people I've found that I know on there - 3 weeks ago I couldn't give a toss about any of it but now here I am plugging it as something cool! I've haven't gone anywhere near getting my head around everything you can do on there yet, or why e.g. poking somebody :shock: or throwing a sheep at them (?) :shock::lol: But I intend to try it & find out.

I can understand perfectly, anybody that feels their life is perfectly adequate without Facebook in it, as that was my stance too.......but......and it's a big but.......

I think if you take the time to give it a chance, have a play around, get to know the features & understand them, you won't regret it. You may even find you can't live without it! :shock:

Must admit I've had a Facebook account for a few months now. Originally set up to (wholly unsuccessfully) promote Autoshite, but I like it for sharing photos/keeping in touch with friends abroad etc etc. I also agree that all that throwing sheep/vampires/poking stuff is a load of old rollox. Also, when someone you maybe aren't too keen on invites you to be their friend I feel a bit rude declining their invitation. Therefore you get the odd random ex-colleague dullard able to look at photos of you bladdered on a night out. Not ideal.In fact, I've got a rather sad confession to make (I feel safe coming clean, so as to speak, with you guys) - I've got Catbook profiles for my 2 moggies. They chat with other cats around the globe. Think I ought to shut up now.

Also, when someone you maybe aren't too keen on invites you to be their friend I feel a bit rude declining their invitation. Therefore you get the odd random ex-colleague dullard able to look at photos of you bladdered on a night out. Not ideal.

I suppose there is that - but I don't think there's anyone that I dislike greatly enough that would want to talk to me anyway. Just hope there aren't people adding me who secretly can't stand me! :oops::(

In fact, I've got a rather sad confession to make (I feel safe coming clean, so as to speak, with you guys) - I've got Catbook profiles for my 2 moggies. They chat with other cats around the globe. Think I ought to shut up now.

Your secret's safe! :wink: :lol:I take it they update each other on the mews?

Hmmm....I'm on there, but I have to admit that I prefer Myspace at the moment, I think facebook works best if You have lots of friends/family You want to keep in touch with....I'll persevere a while longer with it, as I don't think I'm getting the best out of it at the moment.The "Petrolheads" application is quite amusing though....Currently, I have a Citroen Visa Rally car! :D

The "Petrolheads" application is quite amusing though....Currently, I have a Citroen Visa Rally car! :D

I have a 2002 Saab 9-3 - no idea what I'm supposed to do with it though! Like all these other things I've added to my page. Is something supposed to happen or am I supposed to make it 'do' something? :oops::roll:

I see you've taken on a few vehicles even a Citroen Visa can beat! :lol:

• 5 years later...

Seems like the group came into its own during the forums recent mechanical wobbles. Wouldn't want it to replace the forum though - this is a wonderful beige place and all credit to the management for getting the spammers out this week. But also for building it in the first place. :)

I am on FB and seem to have freinded somebody who insists on posting up pics of girls with unfeasably large plastic breasts. Obviosly hes heard the rumour I am a lesbian......

Fred the Lesbian? Something doesn’t sound quite right with that :lol:

I am on FB and seem to have freinded somebody who insists on posting up pics of girls with unfeasably large plastic breasts. Obviosly hes heard the rumour I am a lesbian......

Fred the Lesbian? Something doesn’t sound quite right with that :lol:

obviously you have to know me well :wink: