browntastic 604

dieselnutjob

this opportunity has shown the value of the owners club actually (CPUK in this case).

There are so few 604s around and the 604 registrar claims to know where half of them are.

So I mention to him that really I'd prefer an auto

Some one mentions something else to him

and before you know it a swap is going on

apparently this particular 604 has been in one barn or another for the last 20 years :shock:

might explain why it has relatively little rust and only 45k miles on it

I'm expecting the brakes to be totally shagged though and apparently you can't get RHD master cylinders anymore

I suppose the tyres are 20 years old as well

spoke to three different trailer hire companies

all of the trailers way more than 500kg (typically they are 700 or 800)

this puts me over 2000kg so illegal

shiply it is then

is there a way to contact the drivers outside of shiply? apart from avoiding fees I want them to take me as a passenger and stop at a jetwash on the way

I suppose the tyres are 20 years old as well

I would definitely get them sorted ASAP :) My dads 504 had some Michelin's which were probably only 10 years or so old and one day I was driving along a smooth road and could feel a vibration from one of the rear tyres. Nice big bulge in the tread of the tyre :shock:

shiply it is then

is there a way to contact the drivers outside of shiply? apart from avoiding fees I want them to take me as a passenger and stop at a jetwash on the way

Another way may be to go and speak to local garages, you'd be surprised how often they're happy to get out of the workshop for a few hours to go on a mad mission.

shiply it is then

Mr B is the man to speak to here. I think he just found a Shipley company, Googled them then called up direct to save a few quid that Shipley charge.

what do you google for? all you get is shiply username and it's not much of a search word

also, if I "accept" a bid and then we can't agree on a date, what happens then?

Log onto Shipley, obtain quotes. They should all show their 'actual' user/trade name. Check out cheapest one, Google them and then contact them direct.

He would feel right at home in Crewe then! :P

I have had my Volvo delivered tonight via Shiply. When I googled the usename it came up with a guy on ebay advertising transport services. The best piece of advice I can give you is to ring the shipper as soon as you find a quote you are happy with, if you wait until the evening/morning whatever their timetable will fill up and you'll lose out!

Acually the guy I used was a top bloke and I recon he could move your car when he's next in the area. If you can wait a week or so he should find himself on a run where he can fit it in.

Kev o752732o227

That one called Robert Diver is shit hot, he moved my Croma for me and I can't reccomend him highly enough. He's a Polish guy and really helpful. heres his website:

http://trrecovery.com/

okay I found his number and spoke to him

I think I will pay him to take me both directions. It's actually cheaper than putting petrol in my 604 to get there

Look like Wednesday 20th will be the big day.

There will briefly be two 604s in Weeley, Essex in the afternoon.

If anyone wants to come to Ruislip and help me push a dead brown 604 up onto my drive in the evening I'll be glad of the help and have some tinnys in the fridge.

I have no sodding idea how I'm going to get it onto the drive otherwise.... I was awake at 4am this morning trying to figure it out.

I may have gone mental by Wednesday.

Look like Wednesday 20th will be the big day.

Wahey! Went to look at mine today. There are a few more holes in it now... If I manage to get the thing on the road before long what would be the chances of getting three 604s and a few other obscurities to a show? Maybe get Boobs to bring a Tagora or two.

I reckon that lot together would get some interest going.

Looks lovely :-) I have an old majorette model of one of them still got to to this day after 30 years :-)

Ref SORN - if it's not been taxed for a while it will not be on the SORN radar.

If you go on line you can try and enter it but dont be surprised if it spits it out again. I've an old Anglia thats been off the road last taxed in 1998 - it's not on the system, as soon as you get it taxed and mot'd it will then jump on the DVLA radar.

there is a SORN confirmation from the previous owner which is is valid until May 2012, however it says on it that it is no longer valid if the ownership of the vehicle changes. However when I go to the DVLA website it says that if I declare SORN it will only go to the registered keeper (which is not me yet) :roll:

they really aren't clear about this (other than the £5000 fine/prison sentence)