browntastic 604

dieselnutjob

• 2 years later...

Nice to see the 604 is going to get some love.

attachicon.gifIMG_5873 (1).JPG

As you can see the 806 is still giving great service and even though I have tried to replace it a few times over the last year, but it is it's replacement that ends up leaving as it is such a useful old bus.

That is an 806.

It is not the 806.

By the way you know that V246KGD had a customer intercooler, oversize injectors and solid flywheel don't you?

That is an 806.

It is not the 806.

By the way you know that V246KGD had a customer intercooler, oversize injectors and solid flywheel don't you?

I put my personal plate on it and the mods might go a long way to explain why it is still with me. It flies along and will still give over 40 to the gallon which for my driving is well impressive. I have tried a few other 2.0hdi's but none as good as this one. It has started to play up a little lately by going a bit gutless, but switching it off and restarting seems to put it right for now. It had a few new panels the other year to tidy it up a bit but not much else since. It could really do with a new exhaust and I suspect it is due a cam belt as well which it might get next year.

When he got it it was in an open-sided shed, but far enough in not to get rained on. It was in a dry shed for about a year after he got it, I don't know where it went after that,he had enough cars to require more than one barn. Can you remember where you picked it up from? You're right that he probably never did anything with it during his ownership, another consequence of too many cars. I'd completely forgotten about the smell until reading it earlier in your thread, it was like that as long as I knew the car. Unfortunately the story didn't end up quite so happily for the manual example you traded with him.

• 2 weeks later...