Some photos. Of some cars. Seen in some places. 24.04.2016

Tayne

I'll post your points in the morning. I took the picture as I'd never seen that logo before and the car didn't have any name badges. Do you think it was made in Romania? 27029229.bf5c34e8.500.jpg?r1

...on an Astra/Kadette/Belmont par Tayne, on ipernity

There are/were loads of these in Syria, marketed as the Deawoo Racer/Pontiac Le Mans. In fact, it looks like a lost Syrian taxi.

I quite like Alekos, they look like a very lightly re-skinned/half arsed facelift of the Talbot Solara.

Balkans? I knew someone once who got kicked in the Balkans, he was simply minding his own business when someone kicked him in the shins whilst he was in the Balkans.

I'll get me coat....

Honestly, I think most people have lost their souls. How can people not look at a 1970's car in a nice bright colour and not wish that their brand new car displayed such effortless styling and character? The green BMW a few posts up demonstrates this perfectly. I suppose we need the dross to highlight the good stuff, though.

• 1 month later...

The tiny Routemaster (which is actually a Leyland Titan as pointed out by FPB7) is a thing of dreams for me. I can see myself one day buying one for nothing more than just to simply have one, though I may take it pootling around town telling posh car owners to stick thier cars as I've got something that really turns heads.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Good stuff Tayne. I know it's all well known as being a mix of old yanks and communist chod. But what I found interesting was the background nineties stuff; the Fiat Tipo in your petrol station/zephyr shot, the Peugeot 405 estate, the Pug 106. After everything you read and hear, not what I expected to see really... :-)

If ever there was a reason to be bitter...

I love old American cars, and I love old Caribbean architecture. So I had a fortnight holiday booked in Cuba, a week in Havana & a week on the beach. And the ex-wife walked out 3 months before we were due to go.

I’ll get there one day. Thank you for sharing

Love these old Dodges,

I'd love this,especially if it had a turbodiesel lump.

Cuba is heaven :D

A lot of the old Americana run diesel, the island has limited oil deposits which are heavy crude with some mines still to be seen along the north coast where tar was dug out, The Soviet bloc connection used to supply fuel but this stopped quite a while ago. Cuba is heaven but  that's partly the quality of free education and medical provision. Some nice flathead v twin Indians still reside in my boss's cellar in La Habana, will find some photos.