Some photos. Of some cars. Seen in some places. 24.04.2016

Tayne

What's this one please?

d65fec06.jpg

I'm just about to put something in my spotted thread for you, Joe.
8119669151_42faf43cae_n.jpg8119681341_f8741090d1_n.jpg

Isuzu Gemini by Tayne, on Flickr

Ooh, thanks Tayne! Quite a learning curve, this thread!

The Oz ones have a different styling treatment around the lights - Seat Malaga at the front; back like a Hyundai Excell, whereas your Ukranian one looks decidedly Japanese.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just been having a trawl through your thread and had a major blast from the past! The Birkie Beast was built for my dad by his mate Jimmy Reid of Birkhill what must be 30 years ago. Deutz 4litre diesel powering 8 hydraulic motors. Controlled with two little levers and a steering wheel. Great to see it again.

I'll post your points in the morning.

I took the picture as I'd never seen that logo before and the car didn't have any name badges. Do you think it was made in Romania?

First class stamp, please :mrgreen:

IIRC Daewoos were indeed made in Romania, in the old Oltcit factory. But I think production started after the Racer was replaced by the marvellous* Nexia. So I reckon the car in the picture was a quality* South Korean product.

Interestingly*, that old Daewoo logo looks like a rip-off version of the Pontiac logo, and the Racer was sold as the 'Pontiac LeMans' (oh, the blasphemy !) in Septic-land.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...