Sierra XR4i For sale

Mike D

I'm selling my XR4i - Thought you fine gents may be interested! The add is copied from RR so sorry if you've seen it already!

Model: Ford Sierra XR4i

Year: 1983

Mileage: 75K

Tax: None - Can tax at cost

MOT: 12 months 6/6/12

Price: £1500

cf828add-8c34-4f99-9940-199124d3095f_xks.jpg

Additional Information:

Here is my XR4i - Its had 4 owners from new, and is in fantastic condition. Mileage is near on 75K, I have no history but I assume this is genuine - the condition of the car testifies to it...

It's a 2.8i RWD Manual, runs and sounds fantastic, it has a peco 3" back box for some lovely V6 growls.

MOT is a full year as of 2 days ago, it passed with no advisories.

Suspension looks like Konis ( springs and shocks) all round, it's lowered quite a fair amount, but still drives and rides mint.

Wheels are 16" Mondeo cossie alikes, few kerb marks but on the whole pretty presentable. Tyres are very very good Michelin Pilots all round.

Bodywork is fantastic - this car is really very very good indeed. There's a small dent on the front edge of the drivers side front wing, it was there when I bought it and hasn't broken the paint. That's pretty much it. The paint is very straight. Underneath has been fully waxoyled, so no future worries there either.

Interior is in good condition, but would benefit from a good valet / shampoo, I'm going to have a good scrub tomorrow.

The only bad points, are the fuel guage is tempramental, and at present seems to be not working, and the wipers sometimes take a while to auto park. The sunroof handle is also missing.

There's a few pics below:

xr4wheels.jpg

xr4wheels2.jpg

xr4wheels3.jpg

xr4wheels4.jpg

I have access to a ramp where the car is stored so if you want a damn good look around it that's available. I'll need a couple of days to ensure it's free though please!

Price wise - I'd like 1500 ono, I can tax if you so require :)

Thanks for looking,

Mike :)

I think the reason why the XR4i isn't necessarily worth as much on OSF, despite the three door shell, is the unique rear window layout, thus ruling out rough ones as 'Cosseh' reshells. Saying that, they are a hell of a lot more interesting, and something I would love to own. Good luck with the sale, an honest, near original one like that is hard to come by, and it looks in fantastic shape.

That has been giving me the horn for some time now. If the Saab is FUBAR when I put it through its MOT (I dont think it is, mind you) Mr. Visa might buy me this as its making me do a little bit of sex wee.

For that money it cant hang around for long can it? I am seriosuly surprised it has not been snapped up already.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it might make a bit more than that!

On the upside, (sort of) the buyer is coming up with a load of excuses, so it's still with me!

I might stick some wellers on it and go tramp drifting.... :(