How many left?

Hertz

^^ I reckon it's 17.

The only Kadetts listed as being registered between 1965-1973 which is when the 'B' was sold, are listed under Opel Kadett at the top of the page.

If you click on the model, it then shows how many pre-73 cars are taxed or sorned. The 3 1974 registered ones might be your type aswell, making 20.

In the early nineties a shop in my local town ran a few Ebro Trade vans. They weren't very old at the time but I remember them being dog rough. Apparently there were 514 in 1994 and now there are 4 left, all on sorn. Interesting.

Its amazing to have this information available, i reckon its fuggin gold dust to shite-lovin types. Next time I flog a car if the buyer is trying to barter me down i'll be able to say 'well go and buy a different one then,... Oh hang on - there arent any others!' or some such rubbish.

Its amazing to have this information available, i reckon its fuggin gold dust to shite-lovin types. Next time I flog a car if the buyer is trying to barter me down i'll be able to say 'well go and buy a different one then,... Oh hang on - there arent any others!' or some such rubbish.

Or if it's Mike from Wheeler Dealers, just punch him in the face :D

VAUXHALL CAVALIER CALIBRE I only 5 left? :cry:

Five too many :P

Just been looking at 'owmanyleft' and noticed that of the three Peugeot 604 STis listed, two appear to have been imported in 2007. Owzat work then?

Just been looking at 'owmanyleft' and noticed that of the three Peugeot 604 STis listed, two appear to have been imported in 2007. Owzat work then?

:roll:

Er... you buy a car in e.g. France (in 2007), bring it to GB and apply for a log book. :lol:

I obviously asked for that. Ta John.. :lol: .... It also appears to mean that there are no UK spec 604 STis left, as mine was built to Australian spec but just happens to have been here since new.

Yup, the registration dates are the dates the vehicle first became known to the DVLA. For imports, this means the year it was imported. You'll also get odd dates for cars that were off the road prior to the DVLC going computerised in the 70s (ie. if something's been sat in a barn since the 1960s, you'll likely get a new identity for it when you try to bring it back on the road).

Yep, that's it.

Foreign imports will potentially skew the figures of vehicles left on the road - for example, My Maserati was imported (from Jersey) in 1997, and that's the date on the log book. It doesn't have a model name on the V5, so even though it's a 222 SE from 1991 (which isn't even listed as a model type) it will appear as one of the "missing" models from 1997 – after the restyle & change to the Ghibli name.

It does mention on the V5 that it's declared manufactured in 1991 though, but only as an afterthought. The date of registration is what counts.

Is it bang on though? I typed 'Mk3 Cortina' in there earlier and it reckons there's only one on SORN or taxed at the moment which I know is wrong.

This website may be the single greatest thing for the shitest, of particular interest is the special edition models of certain cars. For example, there is only FOUR Metro 'Red Hot' models left, and only 6 of the 'Jet Black' ones, but the lowest is the Gala, with two left. Also, there appears to be only one HL left... Around 100 miniMetros still around, that is pleasing!

RE the Mk3 Cortina bit, I think the way this website works is off of the DVLA system, and I think few are registered with their generation number too.

RE the Mk3 Cortina bit, I think the way this website works is off of the DVLA system, and I think few are registered with their generation number too.

^^ what he said.

There's a few really random model names like that seem to have snuck into the database. "Cortina Mk3" is one of them -- as far as I know, models aren't listed with generation information. If you take a look at Ford Cortina, you'll see there are a good few registered in the correct year to be a Mk3 (and the same goes for a bunch of other Cortina models).

However, I know there is more than one 1982 Volvo 760 GLE still around, as I see it when I go to Camberley most of the time! Unless of course it's been put on SORN.

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for XPD 571Y are:

Date of Liability 01 11 2011

Date of First Registration 01 11 1982

Year of Manufacture 1982

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2846CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour GREEN

Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £118.25

12 Months Rate £215.00

Oh wait, it's an Automatic! So there is apparently six launch model 760s still around....

Can i just say that i,am sure alot of use agree that this site that Olly has taken the time to set up is pure heaven for most of use who have all but guessed how many examples are left of our beloved cars,and its detail has help us even more with the rarer limited editions out there,i,ve notice how shocked we all are at the lower numbers that survive than what most of us would guess at,its simply brilliant!

Full credit to Olly for taking the time and can i ask him,has he had such a responce from other forums?

Like I said above, the "missing" category can skew the results, also imports that are registered at a later date than they should be in terms of their model, etc.

The model type isn't listed on the V5 for either my Maserati or my Land Rover, so they'll both be in "missing".

BTW have a look at how many ancient Land Rovers are still on the road - brilliant!

I've just found out that my car(1998 base model tdi) is one of only only 210 (plus 9 sorn'ed), however some of those will be 90bhp models and I have the 110. So mine is even rarer!

Not that I gain any satisfaction from this.

However I would like to know what a Land Rover 109 - 5cyl is.

The 109 went out of production in 1985 and was never fitted with a 5cylinder engine. Before anyone mentions the TD5 engine, it was never factory fitted in the 109 as it only entered production in 1998.

The "109 5Cyl" has been around since 1993 and, at peak, there were 14 of them.

I think its either an ROW CKD item that nobody knows about (and 14 were imported in the early 90s) or its a cock-up.

Though why only 14 were wrongly registered...

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/land_rover_109_-_5_cyl

I've also found a "DEFENDER 50 V8 AUTO", a "DEFENDER Di 50" and a "DEFENDER 50" with, respectively, 198, 1 and 5 survivors.

I think these are all the same car, the 50th anniversary V8 auto 90 (385 built for the home market in '98).

However there are only 10 Heritage editions on the system (peak of 14), 300 were made (one on ebay at moment). At one point there were 3 in Aberdeen (including Billy Connoly's yellow one).

Given the info above I suspect that a lot of special edition cars, produced in the 100s, will have been registered as regular models and only those dealers with switched on staff will have registered them correctly.

There's hope for those Red Hot Metros yet.

I've just found a 1938 Land Rover and a 1946 model.

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/land_rover_missing

Most of you probably didn't know that the Wilkes brothers came up with the idea for the Land Rover in 1947 as one was using a war-surplus Jeep on his farm and parts were running short.

That 1938 model that predates the idea of the Land Rover by 9 years and the spec of Jeep that inspired it by 2 years would be worth a fortune!

Or its a mistake.

Ooohh, that's an interesting one.

The DVLA model ID for the "109 - 5 cyl" is only the 9th model ID listed against Land Rover (just after "110 4 cyl FC"), so I'm guessing it pre-dates the DVLC computer. People have been transplanting engines in the old workhorses for donkeys years.. if somebody had managed to transplant a 5 cylinder engine into one before the computerisation happened, there's a chance it might have been recorded as an official model maybe?

Were there any 5 cylinder lumps around in the early 70s that would've been suitable for sticking in a Landy?