How many left?

Hertz

There are more Triumph herald 1200s left than boggo Proton Impians. I'm not sure what to make of the fact that my 10 year old malaysian shit box is rarer than my cherished british scene-wagon.

It is a shed NOW so you can sell it in 10 years for ten pounds :D

efa

There are more Triumph herald 1200s left than boggo Proton Impians. I'm not sure what to make of the fact that my 10 year old malaysian shit box is rarer than my cherished british scene-wagon.

It is a shed NOW so you can sell it in 10 years for ten pounds :D

efa

Hey, just because it's worth ten pounds doesn't mean you can't try to sell it for 1000 times more :D

Its a great site but i just can,t get my head around some numbers?

It says theres 17 V6 RXE safranes,but when you click on the model it says 16 taxed with 15 SORN so where do they get 17 from?

Also the same for my wifes V6 Laguna Executive shows 57 but then 45 taxed 2 Sorn making 47?

Are the figures on the HOW MANY page numbers left registered on the DVLA but then when you check the Taxed/Sorn section it only lists these,is there a small amount of cars that the DVLA don,t know what they are I.E not taxed or Sorned

So theres 17 Safrane V6s RXE but only 16 taxed meaning 1 is about somewhere but not reconised as anything?

It's certainly not foolproof. Type in Citroen 2CV and you get Bamboos and vans. Type 2CV6 and you get the Dolly. No Specials or Charlestons, which probably represent the greatest numbers.

EDIT - found it. For some reason, 2CV Specials are logged as 2 CV6 Special. Scary how many thousands have disappeared since 1994...

Furthermore, apparently there are only 3 CX 25RI Familiale Autos left. Why did I sell mine?!

Shitloads of Capri 2.8 Injections still, and a fair whack of Sierras

ten Cortina S's on the road - 11 Diahatsu Charmants of which I think Hirst's is one of only 2 LE's

on the Sierra front , it looks like the last holy grail dangly mirror grey grille job may have died only in the last six months!!

FORDM1164SIERRA ECON BASE

Period # Licensed # SORN

2010 Q4 0

Q3 1

Q2 1

Q1 1

More questions than answers in this one...

Like the strange story of the Cortina 1600 GT Auto.

4 alive in 1994

Only 1 left in 1998 . Then,

28 alive in 1999

and back to only 4 left in 2000?

What happened in 1999? Was there a Cortina 1600 GT Auto race challenge where people dug out old ones, converted 1300s,imported some from Holland? Then did they wreck 24 of them in some horrible race track pile up leaving only 4 left?

Some mystery there.

Also just noticed,

"Classic" sports models based on lowly saloons do some thing funny...

There seem to be about 50% more Lotus Mk1 and Mk2 Cortinas now than there were in 1994.

And there are TWICE the number of Morris Mini Cooper S around .

There must be an easy way to change the DVLA record of your Cortina GT or Mini 850 ... seems to have been an explosion of newly registered ones in 1999 for some reason.

TOYOTA COROLLA GT = 55 (AE82)

TOYOTA COROLLA GT COUPE = 50 (AE86)

No wonder I never see any these days!

I suspect a lot went to Ireland as rally cars.

Yup that's where mine ended up - first guy that came to see it as well - the other 38 callers were all from the ROI too.

I've never had a such a response selling any other :wink: car ever...

Not many of these left at all!

HYUNDAI R8020 STELLAR 1600 GSL 18

HYUNDAI R8021 STELLAR 1600 GSL AUTO 5

HYUNDAI R8018 STELLAR 1600 L 1

HYUNDAI R8019 STELLAR 1600 SL 6

HYUNDAI R8036 STELLAR GSL NEW YORKER 1

HYUNDAI R8037 STELLAR GSL NEW YORKER A 1

Pony is fairing better

HYUNDAI R8023 PONY 1.3 GL 30

HYUNDAI R8022 PONY 1.3 L 22

HYUNDAI R8024 PONY 1.5 GLS 27

HYUNDAI R8025 PONY 1.5 GLS AUTO 15

HYUNDAI R8002 PONY GL 0

HYUNDAI R8005 PONY GL AUTO 0

HYUNDAI R8006 PONY GLS 2

HYUNDAI R8007 PONY GLS AUTO 0

HYUNDAI R8001 PONY L 1

HYUNDAI R8003 PONY T 1

HYUNDAI R8004 PONY TL 0

HYUNDAI R8008 PONY TL AUTO 1

HYUNDAI R8009 PONY TLS 1

HYUNDAI R8010P ONY TLS AUTO 0

It seems to work on the specific model type as per the V5 I didn't realise mine was a Civic 125 until I looked today which might explain some irregularities and the dubious use of higher spec/performance ID''S to make more lowly versions valuable probably explains all the extra GT's, Tigers RS's etc etc ............ :roll:

Some of the attrition rates are phenomenal.

Sierra L, went from eighty-thousand odd in '95, to thirty one today!

Gawd bless the oval.

That has to be the winner :shock:

I have had access to the "on the road figures" but not the Sorn so it's been very informative. As discussed it's not bullet proof as it is dependant on what is written on the V5, but it gives you an idea I suppose.

So we have the worst survivor, what was the best? I.E which has had the least number of cars depreciate in numbers over the years?

I was going to nominate the Stag for the predictable best survivor award, but numbers have gone up, presumably from the amount returned to the road....

On the subject of Sierras, there is apparently only 15 Sapphire Classics left, which was the ultimate base model. And on the subject of base models, there is 5 (!!!!) EMAX Base models left, one being the Ex BT model in south London, which somehow got another MOT recently.

Of interest to Jap lovers, there is LOADS of Bluebirds still around, and apparently nigh on 20 Datsun Micras about?! Where the hell are they hiding?

Over 1000 Maestros left as well, good news, but the Montego pales in comparison.

I personally think the Carina E has probably survived best since 1994, a quick glance at the figures suggests around 20-30% are still around, so either that or the 205, which I just forgot to look up.

I was going to nominate the Stag for the predictable best survivor award, but numbers have gone up, presumably from the amount returned to the road....

Yep - and the number reimported from the US when the dollar was weak - similar story for TRs ( except the TR7 - few wanted them back ) Jags , Healeys etc.

... and all high spec valuable sports models of lowly saloons,,,Lotus Cortinas, Avenger Tigers , Cooper S - they have all multiplied since going out of production.

Either it's magic or it is possible to change the model name on your V5....

"4 door Lotus Cortina???? - Well the previous owner had the back doors retro fitted guv - growing family yer see" :D

Blimey, only 2 Alfa Arnas - both on SORN.

Do you want a picture of both those arnas? I know the guy who owns them - in fact, autofive got to chat to him for most of the evening after I made my excuses and scarpered...

I had a look for chevannes... http://howmanyleft.co.uk/detail/D1005 and I can even tell that in 2009 (Q1) mine came off the road and went on SORN. Yeah, there's *that* many left :(

edit to add...

dsc00036.jpg

dsc00035.jpg

These Arnas must be as rare as a bastard, I dont thikn they were ever sold in France for example so even searching on the continent is hard going. I saw on for sale once on wopBay, thats the only one outside of the UK though, never seen a second one in italy or anywhwere.