Ambastardor

Mr H Sceptre

I couldn't be arsed looking for previous spotting threads, so have posted this separate one....

Was visiting London yesterday to visit m'colleague Mr Leyland (& also see The Fall), & on my way back to the tube station this morning spotted this beauty:

020-1.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

Its a Vanden Plas, for reference.

Could a more perfect mode of transport for VIP's in our nations capital exist?

Top spottage M'lud.

Ithangyou sir.

It was in pretty damned good condition too.

Actually, also spotted this the night before in Camden:

002-3.jpg

The Autoshite Porsche.......

That is a quality spot! Amazing example of a now seriously rare car, I have only seen one in the past decade or so now. CAP numerplate, unusually the same area code (Brighton) as the only one I know of around here:

5352701134_a14cd2a6bb_z.jpg

1984 Austin Ambassador 2.0 HL Hatchback. by bramm77, on Flickr

AP appears on a lot of bus numberplates in Basingstoke too.

The ambassador - I'll go trawling through some stuff, see if I come up with it!

I thought I would have seen it on AROnline's for sale board, but nothing doing. I'm also not allowed to use the "search" function on there, which is a wee bit odd.

Goodness me. a Separate thread for one spot. MODS! :roll:

Oh, it is your forum... :lol:

Len would be kicking off like "a grunting mong" about pictures of The FALL and just two cars in a spotted thread.

So, there's only one thing for it.

019.jpg

018.jpg

020-1.jpg

002-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

I'm pretty sure complaining about The Mighty Fall on this forum is an instant ban, isn't it?

I too recognize this car. I'm sure there is a thread on it somewhere out there in the internet ether. Lovely looking things these, never really common when I was growing up. Would deffo like to give one a go one day, if there are any left by the time I'm legal :roll:

Also, Porsche 914 is ONE OF BRITAIN'S RAREST CARS* so well done spotting that!

* Top Gear website, 2011. Information may not be accurate in any way.

Les at BL Transverse had this car in his yard last year for a clutch replacement, atleast I think it was this one (can't be many black VDP Ambassadors about). I had a good look around it after I'd stopped hyperventilating, very tidy it was/is.

There's a light metallic green A reg Ambastardor hanging around in a residential road in Guildford, recently looking quite sad with a list (suspension prob?). Don't know what the story is with it. I keep meaning to snap it but haven't worked up the courage....

EDIT: for anyone local who's interested in checking it out, PM me for the road name.

Mark.

Les at BL Transverse had this car in his yard last year for a clutch replacement, atleast I think it was this one (can't be many black VDP Ambassadors about). I had a good look around it after I'd stopped hyperventilating, very tidy it was/is.

Yep, I photo'd it and bunged it on here....can't be arsed to find the thread tho'!