Fiat Croma Auto - Some you win....

Mr_Bo11ox

I knew it would clean up well, nice work Bo11! A real beauty of a find. I don’t know how you do it!

No, I wouldn't fancy doing 500 miles a week in something as nice as that. It's definitely 'show car' and 'sunny Sunday cruise' material though. I trust we'll be perving over it at Chumley next year...? :wink::lol:

An automatic Croma? Shite Karma + 10! Automatic Croma effectively in near showroom condition, plus low mileage? Shite Karma + 100!

Another winner for MrB!

BTW, these share more than just the doors with the Saab 9000. The Fiat, Saab, Lancia Thema and Alfa 164 were all part of a car development sharefest called 'type 4', with Fiat/Lancia, Saab and Alfa (who were owned by the Italian govt in the mid 80s) all developed the car together, I don't know what was shared with what, and Alfa obviously went totally their own way with the styling and engines of the 164, but I guess maybe the floorpan and suspension are probably similar or the same across Fiat, Lancia and Saab.

Of the 155+ body components only approx 10 were interchangeable. The Croma doors do swap directly with the 9000, but are lighter due to less side impact protection. The windscreen from the 9000 can also be used on the Croma.

Differences of opinion between engineers led to very few components interchangeable between models. The 164 shared nothing but the chassis.

I know I am rather late to the OMG fray here, but seriously, OMG. What a top save, can't even remember when I last saw one in prefacelift form, the Tempra saloon is hard enough to come by these days! Good thing you snapped it up too, I doubt anyone else would have booked it in for an MOT again, let alone a week or so after buying it...

Superb Boll. I remember my Dad was on the verge of getting a nearly new one of these in 1992ish, buit opted for a BX instead (which ended up being my 1st car :lol: ).

Anyway, also glad to see such an ace thread as this is back on Autoshite. There is a God.

• 8 years later...