Help Needed: Renault Clio Ignition Wires.

shite_meister

I have a young mate who's gutted because the ignition barrel on his first car ('98 Clio) has broken up inside hindering his ability to drive around pointlessly from burger joint to burger joint, as the car is miles from his house in a public carpark I would like to hotwire it to get it back to his house only I've no idea which wires to join (as dodgy as this sounds and someone can PM me if they would rather)

I have four wires to the ignition switch which are red, yellow, yellow with a green tracer and orange. I'm guessing the red wire is one of the wires needed but other than that I haven't a clue, does anyone have a wiring diagram/haynes manual that shows which wire does what? I've tried searching the interwebz but alas it was barren.

I tried the slide hammer treatment in a repo stylee but thanks to Mr Draper's finest shit-quality hardware the bolt appeared to be made of chocholate and snapped off with minimal effort.

Not a clue -but it cant be difficult.

4 wires -power, ignition, starter, rest.

So -watching the dash -touch each to the red till the ignition light comes on. Tape together. Then touch one of the other 2 to the join till the starter operates- releasing when it fires.

Ready to go.

'98 Clio will have an immobiliser. Hotwiring it won't work - unless you have the ignition key / transponder close enough to the reader.

I know, it does and we have :D all working now so its back at the lad's house untill he gets a new ignition barrel for it. The immobiliser circuit was untouched so the immobilser aerial still reads the key nearby so no probs there.

Cheers Mr Bickle.