Fk1250

nigel bickle

Hi Guys -thought you might like to see the 'latest' toy?.

If you're a regular on RR you'll be aware of it -but thought -I should show it here.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/taunus/0105_007.jpg

Posted Image

Decommissioned from a village Fire Service in Germany in 1990, having covered 8,000 kms, its just sat since. (5,000 mils in 25 years!)

Tatty- but solid -the biggest issues are the mechanicals - only a little welding needed. I'll sort it slowly -return it to the road as a van initially -then convert it to a Camper (-I think). That might get re-appraised once its a go-er.

Anyway -updates on the others -when they arrive.....

it was delivered to the door -as part of the package. Slide in to its parking space of the trailer - and there it rests till it can move itself. No changes planned- externally it stays the same -albeit with a T Cut & Polish. Running gear stays (8,000 kms for gods sake!) and I'm not lowering it etc. It'll be a light van for the foreseeable future -which will 'free up' the Estafette van for a rhd conversion -sat waiting in the wings.When I find another old wreck -guess this will become a campervan.

fANTASTIC - all you need is a set of chrome 20's and plenty of tassles and buttoned dralon :wink:

And an old 'Desmo' roofrack stacked up with antique suitcases and oil cans! that is a wonderful looking van NB, looks so sound, GR8 for causing huge envy at run to the sun :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo Nigel, Well, back from Spain and nowit is raining , so no crawling under my bus.

Great to meet you and your menagery of cars and transport last week.

Here is a pic of the rear of my bus lowered, befor the front was sorted as well.

Just to give an idea about where the lowering can go, while not compromising the ride.

Posted Image

Hope for my bus to look like this when I have finished converting it to Camper in the next 18 months.

Ordered a set of Radars last night from Midland Wheels for it, so the Cosmics in the pic will not be happening, unless someone knows where I can find a set of 15's in 5x205 or even 5x160 (Yes I know.... does not exist.)

Posted Image

These wheels on the pic above.

Posted Image

Nice one Rian. Every single flaming bolt on mine seems seized to the point of snapping off- all those years of inactivity I guess. Took 3 HOURS - 2 bolts - to get the distributor off- and even the points screws wont release!Havent yet got the exhaust manifold off as I REALLY dont want to break the studs into the block off- having snapped both downpipe bolts. Much penetrating oil & a bit of heat just havent worked so far....Regarding its stance -I'll get mine going -then decide its' future'.Meantime I've now got a Fiat 124 to sort before the Bellett arrives. Doh!

Yup -my early 128 thats likely to get the 1500 strada engine in it -unless I can find an Uno turbo lump in good nick. Just got it out -cos its been sitting too long and felt like a change...The 124 is in front of it -and pics WILL be posted when I can sort the camera out that my son broke taking pics on the docks -there were some absolute belters there....

Possibly. Very tatty now, needs about 6 hrs/ £100 to go for an MOT, add the tax etc and its value is marginal. Tart up would add time & money I cant spare right now.So -I've barned it -to decide its future. Its prob worth ad much in bits now - to me anyway. But -kinda loathe to do its cos of the parental connection -so if I can find an alternative engine I'll keep it till I can sort it out properly.