Jersey Gems

55bloke

We're recently back from a week on Jersey. It's our 3rd visit, but the 1st real holiday, rather than a family catch up deal. It's a beautiful island, well worth a trip and, whilst not quite as abundant as, say, Malta, it's still a shite spotters paradise! Will try and post pics in some sort of semi-logical order!

First up, a couple of nice Alfa Spyders.

aIMG_6573.jpg

aIMG_6594.jpg

This beautiful Fiat was actually the 1st photo I took, about 5 mins after leaving the airport!

IMG_5817.jpg

IMG_5816.jpg

This was in the same car park!

IMG_5814.jpg

And so was this. One of dozens I saw.

IMG_5815.jpg

LOADS of early Golfs in daily use. Does the 1st one count as a double spot?

gIMG_6471.jpg

gIMG_6076.jpg

gIMG_6063.jpg

To be fair, I doubt this is still in daily use!

gIMG_5858.jpg

Audi 100 with an interesting selection of badges!!

IMG_5842.jpg

Found this once proud beauty lurking on an industrial estate.

bIMG_6149.jpg

bIMG_6150.jpg

Whilst this nicer example was obviously over from the mainland.

bIMG_6293.jpg

Another nice old Beemer, though not really sure the wheels work.

bIMG_5828.jpg

Two more gems from the same location as the rotting 6 series

IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6145.jpg

This was parked in front of one of the units on the same industrial estate.

IMG_6108.jpg

Right, that'll do for part 1, more to follow asap.

This TR4 had been driven from Southern Germany, and was about to embark on the return trip.

IMG_5907.jpg

In the same car park were these 2 beauties, on a jolly from a local museum.

IMG_5935.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

I have to admit to having NO CLUE what this is!

IMG_6066.jpg

Perfect island transport.

IMG_6070.jpg

Didn't expect to see this!! On a trip from the mainland, judging by the number plate.

IMG_6071.jpg

One of many Veedub campers.

IMG_6169.jpg

Citroen BX

IMG_6154.jpg

This is shite on so many levels, it's hard to know where to start!!

IMG_6304.jpg

Scruffy Nova

IMG_6294.jpg

Possibly the biggest surprise. Big Yanks not much use on narrow island roads.

IMG_6353.jpg

IMG_6354.jpg

Sexy Italian number 1

IMG_6201.jpg

Sexy Italian number 2, and I think my fave of the trip. Make no apologies for multiple pics!

IMG_6448.jpg

IMG_6446.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

This was parked with the Flavia.

IMG_6447.jpg

That's enough for part 2. Still more to come!

Lovely Auntie Rover.

IMG_6406.jpg

Equally lovely Riley

IMG_6451.jpg

Perfect Moggy.

IMG_6469.jpg

Surprising numbers of these about.

IMG_6455.jpg

Plenty of 4 x 4s of various sorts

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6491.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg

Tatty Metro

mIMG_6272.jpg

Tattier one!

mIMG_6069.jpg

LOADS of Minis too.

mIMG_6551.jpg

mIMG_6452.jpg

mIMG_6459.jpg

mIMG_6277.jpg

Have to admit, I REALLY love this!!

mIMG_5910.jpg

Really looked the business, and when it drove away, there was the distinct hiss of a dump valve!! Bet it's an absolute BLAST to drive!

mIMG_5912.jpg

There are still lots of Renner 5s in use, including what looked like a turbo in blue and yellow Renault colours, but I missed that one.

rIMG_6167.jpg

rIMG_6077.jpg

This derelict one was keeping company with a derelict Vitesse.

rIMG_6068.jpg

I'll make that do for part 3 - part 4 will follow.

Right, final installment.

If you dream of finding a nice, unmollested 205 GTI, Jersey is the place to go!

pIMG_6686.jpg

pIMG_5906.jpg

Slightly bigger Pug.

pIMG_6107.jpg

And it's Renault equivalent?

rIMG_6157.jpg

Sierras your thing? Plenty to choose from.

sIMG_6747.jpg

sIMG_6537.jpg

sIMG_6302.jpg

Lovely 480

vIMG_6075.jpg

Torslanda wagon

vIMG_6072.jpg

And a lowlier Volvo, parked as if ready for a photo shoot!

vIMG_6498.jpg

Right, that's it for now. It's a genuinely fairly small selection of what's to be seen, but I couldn't spend ALL the trip shite-hunting! There's a nice little transport museum with an impressive collection of tat, might post pics from there later.

Should have given us a shout whilst you were here! I know alot of the cars pictured having already posted up the pics of the Simca (want it so bad but she won't sell) and the Mehari and yellow Mini, I had to drive that yellow mini once and it was incredible, I don't like the rear lights and the colour is a bit pale for my tastes but it drove like a little honey, easily the best mini I've ever driven, just drove like a 'normal' car i.e not jolting all over the shop.

I saw that red 635CSi in the car park last week, looks like its possibly about to be re-registered here as there were some J-plates in the back, where is the other red 6-series though? I fully intend to own one of these bitches one day so a spares car might be good! :)

Great pics although you've made my next contribution/spot thread a bit harder now :lol:

As a resident of this septic isle, I've seen most of those at one time or another [except the Simca] and owned one of them [the Landcrab] There's a surprising amount of old chod over here, I suppose I've become a bit blase about some of it.

The shitemeister [also a resident] feel morally obliged to collect as much weird stuff as we can. [in the past month, a Toyota Sera, Sierra Ghia, and BMW 2002] we are, however in a very small minority ............

Should have given us a shout whilst you were here! I know alot of the cars pictured having already posted up the pics of the Simca (want it so bad but she won't sell) and the Mehari and yellow Mini, I had to drive that yellow mini once and it was incredible, I don't like the rear lights and the colour is a bit pale for my tastes but it drove like a little honey, easily the best mini I've ever driven, just drove like a 'normal' car i.e not jolting all over the shop.

I saw that red 635CSi in the car park last week, looks like its possibly about to be re-registered here as there were some J-plates in the back, where is the other red 6-series though? I fully intend to own one of these bitches one day so a spares car might be good! :)

Great pics although you've made my next contribution/spot thread a bit harder now :lol:

It did cross my mind to contact the resident shitists, but there's only so much you can fit in to a week!! Sorry. :( The derelict 6 series is tucked away behind the Steam and General Transport Museum. Are you aware of the VERY early Metro near Green Island? It's a chrome grille model, can't remember the last time I saw one. Looks very tidy. Saw it sat on the drive 3 times, but it's in a hard place to stop for pics.

Mrs SL has mentioned Jersey as a holiday destination before, I’ve never been overly keen but maybe I’m changing my mind having seen this lot...

Depends what you want from a holiday destination I guess. I've never seen such fantastic beaches, the scenery is glorious, endless variety of superb eateries, the weather's (usually) great, and they speak English and use English money - plus it's only a 50 min flight from East Midlands - less if you're further south.

Here are some pics from the above mentioned museum. It's well worth the 5 quid fee - loads of simple, but fascinating, everyday "stuff," plus vehicles of all kinds from tractors, through trucks (including a couple left over from the liberation), to cars - most of which have been local since new,and have insanely low milage.

No idea what this strange beer-barrel contraption is all about.

IMG_6142.jpg

IMG_6135.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

IMG_6125.jpg

Who knew that Chevrolet made trucks in England? I didn't!

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6112.jpg

IMG_6113.jpg

IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6118.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6133.jpg